Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Windows 8.1 bug fix?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi, so just wondering if anyone here had any suggestions. I have a Stanton SCS3 set up (Yeah I know, but it looked fun...) and the other day when I updated to Windows 8.1 it simply stopped working. Basically I fire up VDJ7 as per normal but as soon as I plug in my controller via the USB lead it crashes VDJ and everything closes down. Oh what fun. Best thing is there is apparently no way to reinstate my laptop as a Windows 8 system, I'm stuck with 8.1.

So I've written to technical support at Atomix who briefly replied saying that they felt sorry for me but it was nothing to do with them...

I've written to the ghostly dead Stanton forums and possibly sometime in the next couple of years someone may answer my query...

I've looked around the official Microsoft Windows pages and whilst there are a few people moaning about 8.1 breaking their midi set ups the official line seems to be "no it's not" which makes me kind of worried that they are not even trying to fix a rare but not totally isolated problem

So I thought I would try here and see if any of you can help. Anyone know a fix for midi problems with 8.1 or will I just have to wait and hope that one day a random update will fix a problem that no one seems to want to acknowledge exists? Seems a bit unfair on me that a DJ set up I only got my hands on in December has been rendered inoperable by January :(

Posté Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 11:22 am
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posté Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 7:40 pm
Yes, that indeed seems to be the problem, and had I read that first I may not have updated my system and might not be on the forum looking for help... unfortunately I didn't, I did and I am!

The problem with that post which I have read a couple of times over the last week is that the solution it links to is out of date. As it reads at the top of the solution

"Note: As of Windows 8.1, we don't recommend replacing the in-box Windows USB 3.0 stack with the Intel Windows 7 stack, as described in this post. This post is being kept for historical background"

And they don't give any new suggestions for how to sort the problem out with 8.1.

I understand this isn't really an issue with Virtual DJ, the problem is very with Microsoft Windows. I am just looking to see if any of the people here that are likely way more savvy than me know how to fix my problem.

Posté Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 8:15 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Something you might want to try (if the option is available) is to disabled the USB xHCI functions from the computer's BIOS.

The exact description may vary from one computer to the next (consult the user manual or manufacturer's website for details), but terms should relate to USB 3.0 or xHCI.

Posté Mon 13 Jan 14 @ 7:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)