Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Mapping Question

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey, Im very new to mapping so my knowledge is very basic. What im looking to do is to create a filter kill switch, essentially exactly the same thing as an EQ kill. Ive already mapped the filter to a knob, that was easy, but what i want to do now is map a button on my controller to deactivate the knob and return the filter to 50% allowing me to move the knob around with out activating the filter. I've been able to map a button that returns the filter to 50% but when I move the knob to a different position the filter reactivates. What im describing is pretty much just an on/off switch for the filter. I would also like the LED to turn on when filter kill mode is activated. Thanks for the help.

Posté Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 12:42 am
it's not that easy to do with the stock filter but you can do it with a shift. the downside is that you won't see the knob position reflected on screen when you have the filter off.

button
toggle 'filterOff' & var 'filterOff' ? filter 50% & off : on

knob
var 'filterOff' ? filter 50% : filter

if you register your version of VDJ Pro you can download SBDJ's great filter plugin that sounds infinitely better that the stock one.

Posté Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 2:30 am
Actually, I've done this... Using my Denon MC6000

pretty simple actually...
Just map any button to
"filter_activate"
this turns it on and off and you can still see the slider move when it's deactivated.
as a bonus, I added a button in my skin to show that it's on or off

Posté Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:52 pm
Deco_d1PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hey guys

I have been trying to map out a simple midi controller that would work with my DDJ wego and so far I have the basic functions working but for I can't get the jug wheel to scratch and change fx parameters, also can't get the hot cues to reset while holding down the shift button; I have tried with the scripts and verbs provided by vdj but maybe I'm doing something wrong. If you have done a custom or simple midi wrapper and could help me out I'd appreciated. Thanks!!!

Posté Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:11 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Post your command (the hot cue one) and I'll see if I can help.

Posté Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:51 am
sorry for taking so long to post my commands

Posté Wed 28 May 14 @ 8:52 pm
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mapper device="SIMPLE_MIDI" author="Atomix Productions" description="Simple MIDI wrapper" version="704" date="24/05/2014" priority="-10">
<map value="0-11" action="pause ? blink 1000ms &amp; play_pause : cue ? blink 1000ms &amp; play_pause : var_equal &quot;$cueON&quot; 1 ? blink 1000ms : play ? on &amp; play_pause" />
<map value="0-12" action="loaded ? cue ? on &amp; cue_stop : play ? on &amp; cue_stop : blink 500ms &amp; cue_stop" />
<map value="6-CC7" action="deck 1 eq_high" />
<map value="6-CC11" action="eq_mid" />
<map value="6-CC15" action="eq_low" />
<map value="6-CC19" action="deck 1 level" />
<map value="6-84" action="deck 1 pfl" />
<map value="6-70" action="deck 1 load" />
<map value="6-CC1" action="headphone_mix" />
<map value="4-67" action="var $myshift ? deck 1 effect select : deck 1 effect 1 active" />
<map value="4-68" action="var $myshift ? deck 1 effect select : deck 1 effect 2 active" />
<map value="4-69" action="var $myshift ? deck 1 effect select : deck 1 effect 3 active" />
<map value="4-66" action="var_equal &quot;fxKey&quot; 1 ? on &amp; key 0 &amp; set &quot;fxKey&quot; 0 : off &amp; set &quot;fxKey&quot; 1" />
<map value="4-70" action="deck 1 var_equal &quot;fxFilter&quot; 1 ? on &amp; filter 50% &amp; set &quot;fxFilter&quot; 0 : off &amp; set &quot;fxFilter&quot; 1" />
<map value="6-CC31" action="crossfader" />
<map value="0-CC0" action="deck 1 pitch &amp; master_tempo" />
<map value="0-46" action="deck 1 var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 3 ? sampler 1 play_stop : hot_cue 1" />
<map value="0-47" action="deck 1 var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 3 ? sampler 2 play_stop : hot_cue 2" />
<map value="0-48" action="deck 1 var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 3 ? sampler 3 play_stop : hot_cue 3" />
<map value="0-49" action="deck 1 var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 3 ? sampler 4 play_stop : hot_cue 4" />
<map value="6-CC64" action="param_greater 50% ? browser_scroll -1 : browser_scroll +1" />
<map value="0-CC19" action="deck 1 loop ? param_invert &amp; param_smaller 12% ? loop 0.125 ? nothing : loop 0.125 : param_smaller 24% ? loop 0.25 ? nothing : loop 0.25 : param_smaller 36% ? loop 0.5 ? nothing : loop 0.5 : param_smaller 48% ? loop 1 ? nothing : loop 1 : param_smaller 60% ? loop 2 ? nothing : loop 2 : param_smaller 72% ? loop 4 ? nothing : loop 4 : param_smaller 84% ? loop 8 ? nothing : loop 8 : loop 16 ? nothing : loop 16 : nothing" />
<map value="0-20" action="deck 1 loop" />
<map value="6-65" action="set $myshift while_pressed" />
<map value="0-89" action="play_mode &apos;mode&apos; " />
<map value="0-54" action="deck 1 touchwheel_touch " />
</mapper>

Posté Wed 28 May 14 @ 8:53 pm
the default mapper has the jog effect function. Register and you will be able to use the latest version that has it built in. The hot cue is

1 | var 'mode' 3 ? 
2 | --->sampler 1 play_stop :
3 | var '$myshift' ?
4 | --->delete_cue 1 :
5 | hot_cue 1

use this in your mapping
[size=11]var 'mode' 3 ? sampler 1 play_stop : var '$myshift' ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1
created by synthet1c
[/size]

Posté Thu 29 May 14 @ 2:39 am
I am trying to use my akai LPD 8 to trigger my samples in vdj8. In version 7 I was able to do this quite easily. I cant figure out how to map this. Has anyone tried this yet?

Posté Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 3:10 pm
Please do not repeatedly post the same message.

Also it is not good forum etiquette to hijack someone elses thread with your own unrelated question.

Posté Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 3:46 pm
Apologies I am new to forms, I meant no harm

Posté Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 12:23 pm
I have just tried some mapping with my LPD8.

It's quite easy. When your LPD8 is connected, you should see it listed in the config/controllers area, on the left. It shows as LPD8 (custom mapping).

You then have to assign keys and actions. Pad 1 is called 0-BUTTON24 and I assigned an action of sampler_play_stop 1. Knob 1 is called 0-SLIDER56 and I assigned an action of sampler_volume 1 to control the volume of pad one.

....and so on. Once you've done a couple, you can do the rest by editing the XML file which gets created in the Mappers folder. Copy/paste the lines and just change the numbers.

Posté Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 1:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
SIMPLE MIDI mappings will have to be redone in version 8. so as Groovin mentioned, map a couple of buttons in order the SIMPLE_MIDI_numbers blah blah.xml file is generated in Mappers folder, and copy-paste your the lines with the actions from your old mapper to the new one.

Posté Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 4:08 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)