Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet sync suddenly way out??

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

robisokHome userMember since 2013
Hi, i am not sure what has happened, but all, of a sudden the sync button does not work on certain tracks, i have been using VDJ for quite some time and have never had this problem, basically i load a trak, put it to say 92 on the pitch, just past the half way mark, then press sync on the other deck, it goes to 92 as well but the pitch on the other deck is absolutely nowhere near and is nearer the bottom than the half way mark, completely different speeds. I have used the factory reset, to no avail, i have uninstalled and reinstalled still the same, im at a loss, any suggestions please.

Posté Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 8:27 am
Pitch (aka playback speed) and BPM are two completely different things.
"SYNC" will alter the "pitch" in order to match the "BPM's"

If you have a track of 96 and try to sync it with a track of 98 BPM the pitch alteration will be small. However if you try to match it with a 105BPM track the pitch alteration will be BIG.

PS: The pitch slider on your screen moves based on the "Pitch Range" setting. The same pitch adjustment (e.g. +3%) will appear diffently if pitch range is set to +/-6% or if it's set to +/-12%

Posté Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 9:31 am
Thanks for your reply. I have been mixing for over 20 years , so i know the difference between bpm and pitch, i started out using vinyl and we didn't have the luxury of a sink button, also as stated, i have been using vdj for a number of years now and have never had this problem before. I did a set the other night with the exact tunes and didn't have this problem, i have used these tunes numerous times before and had no problems beatmatching/syncing whatever you want to call it, whatever has happened has happened since the last time i used them till now. It only seems to have affected a couple of tunes, but it is like you cannot sync them, if you push the pitch higher on one deck it makes the pitch on the other when you hit the sync button move to the other end of the scale, so in essence one track is playing fast and the other in slo mo. The only other thing i can think that i have done is install Traktor pro and loaded a few tracks to have a mess around(i have no clue how to use traktor) so was just messing, maybe i have done something to the mp3's that i loaded without realising and have in some way warped them, causing the effect i am getting, i have a backup of these tunes on another machine, so i will have try...

Posté Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 12:11 pm
If you manually beat match them, do they stay in time?

I do know that Traktor by default writes to your files......so it's possible that Traktor has analysed the tempo of one or more tracks differently, written that to the tag, which has then (possibly) affected how VDJ sees the tempo of that file.

Check to see if the beat grid in VDJ still lines up to where it should. Analyse the track(s) again in VDJ and have another bash at syncing them.

Posté Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 12:30 pm
Cheers for the reply mate :)

Update: well i have checked back on my other machine and all of my tracks load fine and sync correctly in vdj, these are the ones that have not been touched by traktor, so im guessing there lies my problem, so i think the best thing to do is delete the mp3,s on this PC and take a backup from the ones on the other pc as i don't quite know what i have done, in traktor and how to reverse it. Thanks again for your reply and i think it will be problem solved :)

Posté Wed 29 Jan 14 @ 6:32 am
I've got Traktor on my system here, and I ended up having to create a separate user account for Traktor to stop it writing to my MP3s. There didn't seem to be any other way of denying it write permission.

Posté Wed 29 Jan 14 @ 6:40 am
Just a thought, but why dont you, just make your mp3's read only, its simple just right click and go to properties, there you will find a check box that says read only, that should work i think...

Posté Wed 29 Jan 14 @ 11:56 am
Ah, but I do want to write to my MP3s........when I want to do it.

Most of the time I don't use Traktor, but I do use VDJ and other software that needs access.

Posté Wed 29 Jan 14 @ 2:03 pm
djezmgsPRO InfinityMember since 2014
idea:
Thinking outside the box...
if you have had this issue then reinstalled all your MP3, can you then not right click on all the mp3 files Select All and save them as "READ ONLY"
that way, the files can not be modified! in any way!

like I said, just an idea... ;)

Posté Sun 02 Feb 14 @ 5:00 am
It seems you've not been reading some of the previous posts. :-)

Posté Sun 02 Feb 14 @ 7:07 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)