Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJScript help - Mapping two encoders to the browser

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
For once, I'll be the one asking a question ;-)

How would you go about mapping two endless encoders (with buttons) to use the browser in the following manner:

- Encoder 1

Navigate the Folder section, using the button to expand/Collapse the folders

- Encoder 2

Navigate the song list, using the button to launch song preview.

I can manage to get Encoder 1 working by itself (no real problem there) but as soon as I add #2, then either/or can navigate both list, which can get confusing (which is exactly what I'm trying to prevent).

I've tried the various verbs and examples (even tried to modify some similar scripts made for jog wheels) but I always end up with the same results. Add to the fact that the encoders are also mapped to other functions, and this is a recipe for headaches ;-)

Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Phatso

Posté Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 7:53 am
Hey Phatso.. you have found the problem with doing this... you're not meant to navigate the folders and the tracks at the same time with two encoders... doesn't mean you can't, but you might have to slow down changing hands if you get mixed messages, although they should be rare with something like this:

enc 1
browser_window 'folders' & param_smaller 0 ? browser_scroll -1 : browser_scroll +1

enc 1 btn
browser_folder

enc 2
browser_window 'songs' & param_smaller 0 ? browser_scroll -1 : browser_scroll +1

enc 2 btn
browser_enter

It works by declaring that with a particular encoder you want the focus on a particular part of the browser before scrolling. You could extend this to toggle between the sidelist & playlist if you hold the buttons down, I can show you if you want more functionality..

I think you know how to incorporate the above in one or multiple shift states as you have already done heaps of mapping for the community, but If you don't just leave a reply and I'll show you how.

Posté Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 12:52 pm
Thanks Synthet1c.This is more or less what I had at the beginning.

Actually, the problem I was trying to solve with that configuration is that when using Encoder1 counter clockwise through the folders, every other steps is "missed" and it is as if the focus is lost until the next step.

This also means that if you want to expand a folder while the focus is "off", you have to press twice on the button.

Do you have an idea about this behavior and why it does not happen going CW?

Posté Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 1:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the button of the 1st encoder could be ..
browser_window 'folders' on & browser_folder
this would avoid to press the button twice if the focus is not in the Folders area

The button of the 2nd Encoder could be..
browser_window 'songs' & prelisten

If you miss some steps, then maybe the encoder is not properly defined ? Is that a MIDI or a HID device ?
How is that defined in the definition ?

Also try this for the 1st Encoder..
browser_window 'folders' on & param_greater 0 ? browser_scroll +1 : browser_scroll -1

Posté Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 2:26 pm
Well, that was far less painful than expected. Looks like that on made all the difference.

Thanks for the help Gentlemen!

Posté Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 3:01 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)