Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Wave Form Display Direction - Page: 6.05

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Is this still going?? Wow.

Richmond wrote :
No one is trying to change your way of doing things, least of all myself.

Having read the thread - seems to me you are trying to change everyone else's way of doing things - or at the least saying everyone else is wrong.

Richmond wrote :
If you like it better backwards,

Backwards in your opinion - not how most of the people in this thread see it.

If i was you i'd just sit quietly and the chances are the option may appear when you least expect it. This thread is going no where at the moment, other than around and around and around in circles.

Posté Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 4:28 pm
Why is this not locked yet???

This is just plain insane!!

Posté Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 12:21 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
easy test:
Open a track in any audio editor and press play button. The cursor is moving from left to right side. Is it correct by your opinion? I hope yes. :-)
And now zoom the track with static cursor in the middle of screen while the track is still playing - track moves from right to left behind the cursor as in VDJ....
Reverse movement is simply logical nonsense, that's all....

Posté Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 11:32 am
Ludek wrote :
easy test:
Open a track in any audio editor and press play button. The cursor is moving from left to right side. Is it correct by your opinion? I hope yes. :-)
And now zoom the track with static cursor in the middle of screen while the track is still playing - track moves from right to left behind the cursor as in VDJ....
Reverse movement is simply logical nonsense, that's all....

It's no surprise to me, that the people of the world are so easily duped politically, and similarly relieved of their wealth and freedoms by scheming governments and banking houses. People in general lack the ability to think for themselves. Indeed, they seem to have an inborn need to follow rules made by others, and have to quote "authorities" to support their arguments, rather than use facts and cold logic. No matter... we've all been provided with a brain ...and we all have the right and the obligation to use it.

No.1 - Undoubtedly, you did not read this thread before posting, as your argument has already been addressed earlier on.

(2) There is no viable, practical, correlation between DVS/controller software and AES

(3) Although the tracks in AES are laid out backward in relation the that of all common audio storage/player combos... in my opinion, there is no 'right' or 'wrong' way to do that. Further, it is the cursor that actually moves in AES, ...and once it is started on it's way, you have no manual control over that aspect. Also, contrary to what you say, on all my AES and sequencers, the tracks do NOT move during playback, other than to shift periodically with the viewing area, in order to allow the cursor (which does NOT stay in the center) to traverse the viewable length of track.

(4) The default movement of the so called "rythmwave" in VDJ is wrong for several reasons, but only ONE of them is really important to me or the other 10-11 users who have already complained here. That is the issue of non-congruence with manual control.

Since you want to cite AES, I'll use that as an example: When you are actually editing a track, you must do so manually. So you get your mouse, trackball, whatever, you grasp the track or the cursor, and you move your "control device" in the direction you want the editing to travel, stretch, again whatever, ...and it follows suit, as you would expect. On the other-hand, if you tried to move things to the right, yet instead they moved leftward, that would very awkward, and would obviously make your task a lot more difficult Thankfully though, it doesn't work that way, ...although if it did, I'm sure those company's staffers would find some obscure argument to justify it. and many long time, die-hard users would do the same.

Anyway, the issue here as far as my interest goes, is only the logical compliance of software in relation to my manual efforts. I know that the physical waveform, is wound around the record as a leftward, inward traveling spiral. I know I am pushing to the right when I advance the groove/record, and I expect to see the same reflected in the display, No big thing, nothing complicated... just the same way that you expect your track to move right in your AES when you grab it with the mouse and move it to the right.

We are talking about some VERY simple principles here... Although some people here have tried very hard to make it so...THIS ISN"T COMPLICATED! So, yeah... rather than having to remember to do it backwards everytime... ...when I move my record right, I want my waveform to move right... when I press my right pitch-bend button, I want my waveform to advance right... when I drag my waveform on my Twitch, which (thank you Novation!) DOES move in the proper direction, to the right, I want that GUI waveform to move right also... See... SIMPLE!

Now, as some here are saying, if just being logical, somehow makes me an evil troll... well then, so be it. However, I stand by my statement that like "the emperor's new clothes", this is just simple, common sense... that any observant individual should recognize instantly.

Posté Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 1:56 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Richmond wrote :
..... The default movement of the so called "rythmwave" in VDJ is wrong ......

OK, show me at least ONE audio editor or DJ program, where is a track moves from left to right behind the static cursor..
For your inspiration, You can try Traktor, Serato, Mixvibes, Deckadance, PCDJ, Mixxx, MAGIX Digital DJ, ClubDJProVJ, Digital DJ Pro, Zulu DJ, Ultramixer, stanton Scratch DJ Academy, Ableton, FL studio, Sound Forge, and many others.... :-)

Posté Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 2:18 pm
Ludek, forget it. Many people have already tried to reason with Richmond and got nowhere.

All you're doing is feeding the troll. He'll just pop back up and patronise again.

Posté Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 2:24 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Richmond wrote :
Since you want to cite AES, I'll use that as an example: When you are actually editing a track, you must do so manually. So you get your mouse, trackball, whatever, you grasp the track or the cursor, and you move your "control device" in the direction you want the editing to travel, stretch, again whatever, ...and it follows suit, as you would expect.

It is not 'whatever'
If you have a track playing in a AES, and you grab the cursor and move it to the right, you will hear a part in the future play.
If, on the other hand you grab an audio clip and move it to the right, you move the audio clip into the future, and what you will hear is a point in the clip earlier in time.

Quote :
I know I am pushing to the right when I advance the groove/record, and I expect to see the same reflected in the display,

Although it is well possible that you use vinyl in that way, it is not a way I have encountered. Looking at the picture you posted, you are then saying that you usually push the record at the top (red arrow).
Most DJ's that I know operate their vinyl on the left side (from bottom to top) with probably some overlap diagonally both at the bottom (right to left) and at the top (left to right)

Posté Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 11:55 pm
Ludek wrote :
OK, show me at least ONE audio editor or DJ program, where is a track moves from left to right behind the static cursor. :-)

<sigh>... this is exactly what I'm talking about ... You have to have permission. It's just not okay, unless someone else says so. Exactly what I just finished saying.

But... if it will make you feel better about it, there are two vendors out of the big three that offer the option to orient the waveform correctly. That would be VDJ for the last few years up until version 8, and Serato Itch.

Please take the time to read the whole thread. All this and more has already been explained at least once.

Posté Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 8:40 pm
Adion wrote :
It is not 'whatever'

It is 'whatever'. There are at least a dozen different things that you can grab with your mouse or 'whatever' sort of instrument you prefer to use for that task. I didn't want to bore my readers with that long list of items, so I said "whatever" instead. I think you must have misinterpreted what you were reading?

Adion wrote :
If you have a track playing in a AES, and you grab the cursor and move it to the right, you will hear a part in the future play.
If, on the other hand you grab an audio clip and move it to the right, you move the audio clip into the future, and what you will hear is a point in the clip earlier in time.

Okay... while this is true... I assume you were trying to make a point?

Adion wrote :
Although it is well possible that you use vinyl in that way, it is not a way I have encountered. Looking at the picture you posted, you are then saying that you usually push the record at the top (red arrow).
Most DJ's that I know operate their vinyl on the left side (from bottom to top) with probably some overlap diagonally both at the bottom (right to left) and at the top (left to right)

I'm not following you here. I handle my records pretty much the same as anyone else, mostly in the upper left quadrant. However, I fail to see the relevance in that...?

Posté Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 8:55 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posté Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 9:45 pm

Posté Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 1:30 pm
why this madness D:
its the vdj version of "the dress"
please lock this topic

Posté Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 1:17 pm
unIimited wrote :
why this madness D:

...asks DJ "UNLIMITED": ..."limited edition user" LOL

djtouchdan wrote :
If i was you i'd just sit quietly and the chances are the option may appear when you least expect it.

Well, "touchdan"... I tried it your way, and guess what...? Your way didn't work! Three - four updates already ... and still nothing at all.

I guess I'll just go back to waiting. Not a big deal, after all. It's just my life slipping away. Maybe by the time I'm eighty, someone will find the impetus and wisdom to fix this issue. I really feel for those who need this, and are depending on this software for their livelihood.

Posté Sat 09 May 15 @ 4:52 pm
Oh come off it! No ones livelihood will suffer becuse the damn waveform is not running the way you're demanding it to go.

Your life slipping away? It's only been a few weeks since your last moaning session.

You really expect Atomix to just drop everything and release an emergency waveform reversing patch immediately just because YOU say it's the "correct" way, and that (in your world) everyone else is too dumb to understand?

Palm well and truly on face :-)

Posté Sun 10 May 15 @ 3:28 am
^^ Like.

The guy is just being antagonistic. Don't feed the troll!

Posté Mon 11 May 15 @ 3:08 pm
groovindj wrote :
Oh come off it! No ones livelihood will suffer becuse the damn waveform is not running the way you're demanding it to go.

I'm sorry, but I have to differ. Mine certainly would be, if I had to depend on VDJ8 & DJing for a living. Fortunately I have another profession that pays very well, and when I am giging I can always rely on my rock solid V7s & Serato Itch (which does have proper movement). However, I'm not the only one complaining here, nor is everyone else so fortunate.

groovindj wrote :
Your life slipping away? It's only been a few weeks since your last moaning session.

Or... I suppose you could even say 'minutes', depending on your definition of "a few".

I'm sixty years old, and I've been waiting for them to get this software right since it's inception. How many "weeks" is that... and really... how many "weeks" do you suppose I have left for this sort of thing..?

groovindj wrote :
You really expect Atomix to just drop everything and release an emergency waveform reversing patch immediately just because YOU say it's the "correct" way, and that (in your world) everyone else is too dumb to understand? Palm well and truly on face :-)

Well, since you brought up "dumb": Maybe you can explain why you keep on reading and replying to this thread, if you really find it so ridiculous..? Does it somehow hurt you, if the rest of us get what we want and need? You have no more power to effect this issue either way, than I than I do. What do you think you have to gain by apposing me so vehemently? Are you hoping maybe Atomix will put you on their gravy-train one day if you fight enough of their battles for them? LOL... If Atomix changed their position on this Issue, you and the other forum groupies would be at the head of that parade also, once again carrying the flag.

It's not a concern to me, though. Personally, I don't care which side you take in this discussion... You certainly can't out debate me, you can't shout me down, and (as you should know) when you do post negatively, it only affords me the opportunity to reply, brings the thread back to the top, and serves to call more attention to the matter. :)

Posté Wed 13 May 15 @ 10:38 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
*Yawn* Excuse me.

Posté Thu 14 May 15 @ 11:03 am
does somebody has popcorn?

Posté Sun 31 May 15 @ 3:48 pm

Still waiting...

Posté Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 9:48 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Is this still going?? Wow. If i was you i'd just sit quietly and the chances are the option may appear when you least expect it. This thread is going no where at the moment, other than around and around and around in circles.

Do you really believe that? I doubt it. I know I don't, and never did. ...but in regards to your assertion, It's been how many months now? ...and nothing has changed.

A pity, because V8 does hold very much unrealized potential. Serato DJ is just as bad. Fortunately there's always Itch to fall back on. Simple, but adequate and super reliable.

Posté Sat 18 Jul 15 @ 4:35 pm
61%