Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Wave Form Display Direction - Page: 7.05

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Richmond wrote :
Do you really believe that? I doubt it.

Yes i do.

The developers have now returned the function of auto creating video edits by dropping a video on the video display of an audio track.
It is not 100% the same as it was before but it does return the function people had requested.

I can't remember when this was first requested after the release of VDJ8 but i can tell you it was longer than 'many months'.

Patience is a virtue.

Posté Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 5:52 am
djtouchdan wrote :

Yes i do. [...] Patience is a virtue.

Lol... Okay, well, no worries then. Maybe they'll have it ready by our next incarnation. ...something to look forward to.

Posté Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 11:42 am
jimmiemPRO InfinityMember since 2006
+1

It took me longer than I care to admit to get VDJ 8 setup to my liking. This is the last little nag for me that I wish would carry over from VDJ 7.

Posté Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 7:30 am
Still Waiting...

Posté Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 4:20 am
Adion wrote :
Let me try one more time:

As you see, the needle is stationary, both on the turntable and on the waveform.
And on both, the music moves underneath the needle. The part of the groove that has passed is on the left side of the needle.
The part of the groove that is about to play is at the right side of the needle.

Nice discussion, I only read it now.
Certainly no need to change anything, but as a retired vinyl dj I think you look the wrong way to a record.
Yes, it spins clockwise, and your picture is right. But when you play on vinyl, you never look in the direction of the grooves. You follow the pattern made by the space between the grooves.
You follow with your eyes an imaginary line from the edge of your record till the middle, containing the needle. To see what is next, you look left from your line to spot a change in color of the record, to see what's coming, a break or so.
So I think that there are some arguments that what's coming (change in wave) can also go from left till right.

Posté Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 1:55 pm

Posté Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 2:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
That logic seems to apply mostly for the song position overview, and I haven't heard in this discussion anyone asking for a reversed song overview.

Posté Sat 05 Sep 15 @ 7:03 am
No need to change anything for me. I don't see any problem with it, there are more important wishes you can help us with :)
I was just wondering why everybody compares it with the turning of a record in his grooves. And there is nothing to see. On a record you look left of the movement of the needle to see what's coming.

Posté Sat 05 Sep 15 @ 7:41 am
Bring back the ability for me to choose the direction of the wave form in Virtual DJ8…Until then I will continue to use 7.

Posté Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 2:52 am
MrJonathanDJ wrote :
Bring back the ability for me to choose the direction of the wave form in Virtual DJ8…Until then I will continue to use 7.

Yeah... I don't expect that they really care what we do in that regard.

It's easy to get the impression that they write the software for their own use, and to please their own taste... then put it on the market, just to fund their private project. Kind of like the way the government operates.

Posté Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 11:38 pm
Well you are American and that's how the free market works.......so who you really mad at here??

Posté Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 1:48 am
That's the way it is buddy. I have been asking for things since 2008 that are not implemented yet. Don't hold your breath.....

Posté Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 11:20 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Well you are American and that's how the free market works.......so who you really mad at here??

I don't recall saying anything about being "mad", actually... The feeling is more akin to intense frustration, bordering on disgust.

Posté Fri 15 Jan 16 @ 6:37 am
Still waiting for this most fundamental error to be addressed. I know you staffers like it that way, but many of us paying customers find it very dislexic.

Posté Sun 10 Apr 16 @ 5:49 pm
Richmond wrote :
fundamental error

ROFL

Posté Sun 10 Apr 16 @ 6:03 pm
invert ROFL....

Posté Sun 10 Apr 16 @ 6:08 pm
groovindj wrote :
Richmond wrote :
fundamental error

ROFL

Glad I could provide some entertainment for you boys...

Posté Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 1:20 am
Richmond wrote :
I know you staffers like it that way, but many of us paying customers find it very dislexic.

And what makes you think we are not paying customers??

Posté Thu 14 Apr 16 @ 9:28 pm
djtouchdan wrote :

And what makes you think we are not paying customers??

Oh... you again. Wasn't it "touchdan" who declared (how many months ago?) that given a little time, this issue would be properly addressed? Ha ha... yeah, that was you.

I've a better question: What makes you so eager to change the subject? Whenever you hear me say "paying customer" I'm speaking of people like myself, who know what they want/need, and are willing to pay to get it.

Is there any one of you "staffers" who is in touch with what your customers really need? Is there anyone working there who actually (really) knows how to program?

The impression I get from my point of view is mainly that of a loose knit network of half-hearted part-time hackers, with little to no ambition or business acuity. Meanwhile good souls like Fruit, are accomplishing more to help us real world users, strictly out of the goodness of their heart.

Since you have raised the issue; I will take the opportunity to say that Atomix obviously needs better management, if they are to reasonably be expected to remain a viable market force into the future.

Posté Sat 14 May 16 @ 1:50 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Things change, I do agree the forums are not as actively used as they once were and perhaps therefore not a 'friendly' either. But I happen to know that there are hopes to revitalise the forums in the not to distant future.

Isn't that just because a lot of the discussions have moved to the FB groups?

I see users getting a lot of help with the little things (mostly settings and understanding the software) in the FB groups

I must have answered these questions 10+ times each in the FB groups:
- Please send me a VDJ8 license key? VDJ8 doesn't have license keys. And you should pay for the software
- Why does VDJ only work with xxx for 10 min? You need to pay for the software for it to continue working
- Why does the pitch automatically change when I load a song? You need to disable that in the settings if you don't want it
- Is this xxx controller supported? Please check the supported controllers list for supported controllers
- How do I download more skins? You need to pay for the software to do that
- How do I download more effects? You need to pay for the software to do that
- How do I download more effects like the horn? Thats actually a sample. Those are just sound files. You can grab them yourself from tracks, or download any sound on the net and use it

EDIT: Sorry - OT

Posté Mon 16 May 16 @ 12:19 pm
71%