Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 42
As well as Locodogs suggestion. Which is awesome BTW...

Played tracks should move to the bottom of the folder once played, so separated from the unplayed tracks by default.

Posté 5 days ago @ 4:24 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
@locodog
I already tried a filter but if I apply a filter on a virtual folder then add a shortcut to the filter folder in the side list, I can't add any more songs to that folder by drag and drop because it is a filter folder not a virtual folder (or am I doing it wrong?).
This is about the the Side View panel, basically I would like to be able to apply a filter to whatever is in THAT panel, the standard filters only apply to the browser file panel so if I have a virtual folder I have created with suggestions set up for wherever I am working that night,, and I view it in the side list, by the end of the night it is full of songs already played, if I could 'hide' them then it would be really great.
I suggested just a "Already played" filter to keep it simple but if any filter could be applied to any folder showing in the side list panel that would be even better.
I know the sidelist will remove 'Already played' songs but I don't want them REMOVED, just hidden until the next time.

Posté 5 days ago @ 10:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You don't add to filter folders.

Posté 5 days ago @ 10:46 pm
To add to the already given advice:

VirualDJ already marks played songs (a line through the icon) in all places. You can probably use a color rule to further mark such songs with the same rule that @locodog posted (e.g. blackout the entry).

If you don't want them removed from the sidelist, then set removePlayedFromSidelist as No.

Filter folders don't allow drag and drop do they? They are supposed to evaluate the filter against your database and return a subset of songs.

Posté 5 days ago @ 10:51 pm
djkrysr wrote :
@locodog
I already tried a filter but if I apply a filter on a virtual folder then add a shortcut to the filter folder in the side list, I can't add any more songs to that folder by drag and drop because it is a filter folder not a virtual folder (or am I doing it wrong?).
This is about the the Side View panel, basically I would like to be able to apply a filter to whatever is in THAT panel, the standard filters only apply to the browser file panel so if I have a virtual folder I have created with suggestions set up for wherever I am working that night,, and I view it in the side list, by the end of the night it is full of songs already played, if I could 'hide' them then it would be really great.
I suggested just a "Already played" filter to keep it simple but if any filter could be applied to any folder showing in the side list panel that would be even better.
I know the sidelist will remove 'Already played' songs but I don't want them REMOVED, just hidden until the next time.

Create the filter folder inside the virtual folder. You can then target the filter results to only that virtual folder.

Posté 5 days ago @ 8:40 am
GadgetMan wrote :
[quote=djkrysr]
Create the filter folder inside the virtual folder. You can then target the filter results to only that virtual folder.

Yes I have tried that, but when viewing the filter folder you can't add any more tracks to it because it is a FILTER FOLDER not a VIRTUAL FOLDER (I am calling them the right names>), I was hoping for a virtual folder on the right in the side list that I can add tracks to (as I do now) to create a playlist but for tracks that have been played to be able to be hidden because once I've played them, I no longer need them that night.

Posté 5 days ago @ 11:01 am
locoDog wrote :
You don't add to filter folders.

I know, but I can only have 1 folder visible in the side view at any 1 time which basically defeats the object. That is why I asked for the ability to hide played tracks. I want to be able to add tracks to the list but for played tracks that night to be hidden.
If I have the FILTER FOLDER on the side list, when I come across a track I want to add to it, I have to have the folders panel open as well as the browser panel and the side list panel, or create a favorite button on the folder panel, or have both the filter folder and the actual virtual folder added to the side list in order to easily add tracks on the fly, since I normally have the folder list hidden to increase the browser view I am running out of space for custom buttons for the default folders that I use for the different venues I work in hence the reason I asked.
Whichever way you organise it I have to have both the virtual folder and the filter folder in view in order to add tracks whilst working and yet have a list that moves played tracks out of view.
If hiding them is too much trouble I will carry on doing what I am, which is changing my layout depending on where I am working I just thought I would ask if such a thing was possible since I would have thought it would be common that filter folders only need to show tracks until they have been played on any given night.

Posté 5 days ago @ 11:17 am
OK what am I doing wrong because I am sure this was working last night.
I have a virtual folder in 'My Lists' called "WOW" that I have added video tracks to that I want to play at a venue.
I have created a virtual folder as a sub folder of "WOW" that has the condition "already played = 0", the name is "WOW filtered" and the scope is set to "Parent Folder".
When I click on this from the folder list it performs as expected.
When I then view it in the browser and then click "add shortcut" to the side list, it shows the folder in the sideview as expected.
However when I click on any other folder in the side view then click back on "WOW filtered" it now appears to show every single file in my database (audio, karaoke and video) except played files and not what is showing in the browser when I view the filter folder. In order to get it back I have to actually delete it from the side view then add it again and not change the side view otherwise it doesn't work again.

Posté 5 days ago @ 11:17 am
why is the edit button not being shown for some of my posts

Posté 4 days ago @ 12:23 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :

VirualDJ already marks played songs (a line through the icon) in all places. You can probably use a color rule to further mark such songs with the same rule that @locodog posted (e.g. blackout the entry).

If you don't want them removed from the sidelist, then set removePlayedFromSidelist as No.

Filter folders don't allow drag and drop do they? They are supposed to evaluate the filter against your database and return a subset of songs.

You are talking about the "Sidelist", I am referring to a virtual folder shortcut in the Side View panel.

Posté 4 days ago @ 1:41 pm
Most of what I said still applies except this:

Quote :

Posté 4 days ago @ 3:14 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :

1. I have a color rule, but the played tracks still take up space whatever color they are, if they were 'hidden' the view would be more compact and not require as much scrolling as the night progressed.

2. As I have said, I am not talking about the 'sidelist'.

3. I have already addressed why filter folders won't work, they don't work when I use then in the side view at all (maybe I am doing something wrong), and even if they did work as suggested, I am stuck with a static filter list that tracks cannot be added to, that is not what I was asking for, I would like to have a virtual list in the side view as a prompt whilst still browsing folders in the browser panel, and for tracks that have been played to be hidden from that list, when in the side view panel. Played tracks can already be removed from the browser panel by using a quick filter, but not the side view panel.

That is the whole reason why I asked for a possible feature in the SIDE VIEW.

I am really sorry if I am not describing my request clearly enough but I am not sure how to word it so people can understand what I am asking for.

Posté 4 days ago @ 3:43 pm
I understand what you are saying.

The idea most people are trying to get across here is that the desired behaviour might be achieavable with a different workflow - the filter button removal does work for the main browser window...I'm not sure about the side view (IMO the side view is iffy when responding to changes, does the virtual folder update at all? Maybe after clicking it's selector icon afterward (that's what I have to do after making actual list changes)?).
However, to achieve what you want (side view filtering of pinned lists) it kinda seems natural for the removal/filtering of a quick filter button to affect all listings of Virtual Folders, including the side view (i.e. it isn't a new feature but an extension/bug fix of the quick filter feature)...just my opinion though.

Posté 4 days ago @ 3:59 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
I understand what you are saying.

I'm not sure about the side view (IMO the side view is iffy when responding to changes, does the virtual folder update at all? Maybe after clicking it's selector icon afterward (that's what I have to do after making actual list changes)?).

When I create a filter folder as a subfolder of my virtual folder and only apply it to the parent, if I then add this filter folder to the side view panel as a shortcut it looks fine until I click on any other side view folder then when I go back to the filter folder it appears to be showing (there are too many files to check) every single file in my database that has not been played, and not just the files from the virtual folder it is supposed to be filtering. It works fine and consistently in the browser panel just not the side view.

Posté 4 days ago @ 4:11 pm
@djkrysr I fully agree with u...lists pinned to the side view do not respond well to changes as opposed to the main browser window...really wish they would fix that too.

Posté 4 days ago @ 4:14 pm
@DJ VinylTouch yes I assume it is a bug because I cannot see what I am doing wrong but filter folders pinned to the side view don't appear to work at all and are totally useless.

I have exhausted every possible workaround to achieve a simple way to hide played tracks because they just take up unnecessary space in the list but the only way I can think of atm is to clear the sidelist, copy all the tracks from my virtual list into it at the beginning of a set then repeat the following night.

Posté 4 days ago @ 4:21 pm