Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet Novation launchpad mapping vu meter

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hi all, i'm new to this forum and also to vdj scripting :)

i'm making my own mapping of the novation launchpad and i've already been able to set the volume control with leds changing colors and so on...but i can't find a way to display a 8 button vu meter!
so what i want to do is to take a column of my launchpad and convert it to a vu meter with the 3 lower buttons green colored, 3 buttons in the middle colored of yellow and the top 2 red.

I tried many ways using the get vu_meter command but i don't know what output it actually gives (is it a percentage, a value between 0 and 1,..., ?) the problem i think is that i whant to do that on 8 different buttons when usually vu meters are grouped buttons...any ideas?

an example of what i got by now is: <map value="LED_G_7-2" action="var "$mode" 1 ? deck 1get vu_meter min 15% max 30% ? on : off" />
but of course it doesn't work

Posté Fri 30 May 14 @ 12:01 pm
i have just now opened the definition file of the launchpad and now i'm thinking that if it would be possible to regroup 8 buttons in one maybe i could use them as a vu meter...what do you think about? is it possible?

Posté Fri 30 May 14 @ 4:10 pm
Dodge57PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello,

I also work on the mapping of the launchpad and now I planned to put a meter. I think it is quite possible. I look at it as soon as possible

Posté Fri 30 May 14 @ 5:38 pm
Dodge57PRO InfinityMember since 2009
finaly it's very simple :

for the master right and left together :
get level & param_greater 88% ? get_constant red
get level & param_greater 77% ? get_constant orange
get level & param_greater 66% ? get_constant yellow
get level & param_greater 55% ? get_constant yellow
get level & param_greater 44% ? get_constant green
get level & param_greater 33%? get_constant green
get level & param_greater 22% ? get_constant green
get level & param_greater 11% ? get_constant green

for the right or left level : get level_right or get level_left
for the decks 1 level : deck 1 get level_right or deck 1 get level_left

Posté Sat 31 May 14 @ 10:15 am
yeah dude! i love you all guys! :D works great, i'm exalted now xD

Posté Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 10:25 am
Almost very useful, what Ive got is
<map value="LED_G_5-4" action="get level_left &amp; param_greater 20% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_G_4-4" action="get level_left &amp; param_greater 50% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_A_3-4" action="get level_left &amp; param_greater 80% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_A_2-4" action="get level_left &amp; param_greater 90% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_R_1-4" action="get level_left &amp; param_greater 97% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_G_5-5" action="get level_right &amp; param_greater 20% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_G_4-5" action="get level_right &amp; param_greater 50% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_A_3-5" action="get level_right &amp; param_greater 80% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_A_2-5" action="get level_right &amp; param_greater 90% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_R_1-5" action="get level_right &amp; param_greater 97% ? on : off" />
Obviously change the position of the leds but it works

Posté Sun 10 Aug 14 @ 6:19 pm
Thank you for the code. Looks good.
I use the launchpad in combination with cdj's and an external djm, almost only for samples.
So if you have more code I could use on the launchpad, please do not hesitate to share.
I don't now much about the coding. So I adapted the original mapper.
But for instance the command 'get beat' I use on the cdj does not work on the lauchpad.

Posté Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 2:12 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)