Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Sujet FIle Drag & Drop Issues w/ Virtual DJ 8 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Just upgraded to Virtual DJ 8 from Virtual DJ Home. With Virtual DJ Home I was able to drag & drop music files from anywhere on my computer or external HD right on to the Virtual DJ deck without any issue. Now with Virtual DJ 8 I cannot seem to drag & drop files from either my computer or external HD on both my iMac and my PC laptop. What can I do to fix this issue? On my iMac I am using OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 and my laptop is a Toshiba using Windows 7.

Posté Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 10:49 am
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
This is a known issue with no timeline of a fix yet.

Posté Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 11:13 am
rlove wrote :
This is a known issue with no timeline of a fix yet.

Really? That's ridiculous. Any idea on how I can go about getting my money back? I would just switch back to Virtual DJ Home since it's free but I was told that the free version doesn't support products such as Pioneer DDJ or Numark Mixtrack etc.

Posté Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 11:32 am
Hammer83 wrote :
That's ridiculous.

Not really. The idea of using DJ software is that you create a database by importing your tracks to the software, then load the tracks from the database.

This is true of any DJ software, not just VDJ.

Example - last weekend I did a gig where the client gave me a USB flash drive of tracks when I arrived. I simply inserted the stick, browsed to it (using the VDJ browser) and was then able to load the tracks. No need to drag & drop from outside the software.

Do you have a particular reason why you don't want to create a database?

Posté Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 11:36 am
As mentioned above there is an issue with dragging from Finder in MacOSX. These will be fixed soon.

There is no reported issue with dragging files from Windows Explorer to Virtual DJ Decks. I have tested with the latest builds and it works on Windows 8.1 for me.

Posté Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 11:36 am
groovindj wrote :
Hammer83 wrote :
That's ridiculous.

Not really. The idea of using DJ software is that you create a database by importing your tracks to the software, then load the tracks from the database.

This is true of any DJ software, not just VDJ.

Do you have a particular reason why you don't want to create a database?

I never said anything about not wanting to create a database. However, I like the ability to be able to drag and drop a random file into the deck and I do believe that is ridiculous considering the Virtual DJ interface says "Drag a song on this deck to load it"

Posté Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 11:42 am
Hammer83 wrote :
the Virtual DJ interface says "Drag a song on this deck to load it"

Does it really need to have "....from the database" amended to it? :-)

I imagine most VDJ users would add their tracks to the database, analyse them first then play them, as that's the intended use.

As I mentioned, you can also play tracks that are not in your database by using the VDJ browser. It's just as quick to browse within VDJ as it is to do it outside.

Posté Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 11:53 am
groovindj wrote :
Hammer83 wrote :
the Virtual DJ interface says "Drag a song on this deck to load it"

Does it really need to have "....from the database" amended to it? :-)

I imagine most VDJ users would add their tracks to the database, analyse them first then play them, as that's the intended use.

As I mentioned, you can also play tracks that are not in your database by using the VDJ browser. It's just as quick to browse within VDJ as it is to do it outside.

The keyword is "most" users. I understand what your are saying but I also use VDJ for other purposes and it was beneficial to me to be able to just open up my external HD where I have tons of music stored and organized and drag a file and drop it on to the deck or into my automix playlist if I needed to. Whether or not "most" DJ's don't do that is irrelevant to me. Being able to drag and drop from anywhere (without having to first make a database or use the VDJ browser) was function that I have used with VDJ for years and I appreciated that function. I don't understand why now without any apparent reason that function is no longer available.

Posté Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 12:56 pm
Did you not see this post?

Support staff wrote :
As mentioned above there is an issue with dragging from Finder in MacOSX. These will be fixed soon.

There is no reported issue with dragging files from Windows Explorer to Virtual DJ Decks. I have tested with the latest builds and it works on Windows 8.1 for me.

Posté Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 1:15 pm
VDJ Hope you fix it asap!!! No matter if others are used to create databases, I wanna be able to drag my tracks from my finder!!! As usual!!!
VDJ on MAC

Posté Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 1:02 am
cmc81784PRO SubscriberMember since 2011
I would like the ability to drag and drop as well.... It is very useful and minimizes time it takes to manually go through Virtual DJ's explorer.... If I can't find a song I know I have, I resort to Finder then drag from there.... Now the process is: search in finder, wait, wait, locate the path, go back to virtual Dj then follow that path.... By the time I get the song loaded I may have missed the mixing point I was going for... I don't play from a set list I go based on my heart and my crowd.... I never know what I'm going to play until I arrive and press play....

Also please allow drag and drop on the video preview again for songs without video.... It was much easier to do on the fly and the track and video automatically played together this was a great feature with ease of use.... I can't understand why it was removed....

Overall the experience with virtual Dj 8 is great and with so much improvement I'm willing to ride the wave until these issues are ironed out.... Thanks atomix for all you have done so far and the things to come

Posté Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 4:53 pm
cmc81784 wrote :
Now the process is: search in finder, wait, wait, locate the path, go back to virtual Dj then follow that path

But it doesn't have to be. You could just ensure that any new tracks you download/rip/etc are added to the VDJ database (which is the intended use).

That way, the process is: search in VDJ, find track.

Posté Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 5:07 am
stewskiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I understand where this user's coming from I also have always dragged tracks in from windows explorer. I found the database on VDJ7 to not always findsomething I knew was definitely there somewhere. I don't mind using the VDJ database but don't trust it.

Posté Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 6:17 am
Same for me here!! Sometimes VDJ tells me there is a file error when i know i have the track on my computer so i search it on my mac and drop it!! I could also drag and drop from itunes since my VDJ for whatever reason doesnt wanna update my itunes playlist on the left menu!!

Posté Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 4:58 pm
cmc81784PRO SubscriberMember since 2011
roodyrock wrote :
Same for me here!! Sometimes VDJ tells me there is a file error when i know i have the track on my computer so i search it on my mac and drop it!! I could also drag and drop from itunes since my VDJ for whatever reason doesnt wanna update my itunes playlist on the left menu!!

Exactly.... I totally failed to mention the issue when an error occurs on load.... Again finder comes in handy here.... There are times when the song will point to the correct path but still not load... drag and drop always solved this..

Posté Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 5:57 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Can't drag and drop a track from the desktop using windows 8. It works fine on windows 7. It there a windows setting that needs to be made? Or is this a bug with VDJ 8? Using release 1960.

Posté Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 12:15 pm
Drag and Dropping of files from Windows Explorer (and Media Monkey) seemed to be working just fine (Windows 8.1) until the latest update of VDJ8. It's incredibly annoying. VDJ8's database function isn't as good for very large numbers of tracks as Media Monkey is and not as quick & easy for USB flash drives provided during a night as Windows Explorer is.

Please fix whatever it is you've broken with the latest update.

Posté Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 5:53 pm
I still have a version 8 download that has NOT been updated and still supports drag and drop onto the decks if anyone needs it.
Re-install the software then when it asks do you want to update, say NO
Scrappy I know, but a fix. I agree, its a pain when you cant do it. I have a database of over 5000 tracks in hundreds of separate folders. However by using MP3Tag I can drag and drop from a single list which I can sort on any field I choose. I'd be lost without this as the track tree in VDJ8 is just to restrictive (and small)

Posté Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 9:45 am
I am using the skin with 2 decks an I am getting an error message for both deck 1 and deck 2. How can i get the version 8 that has not been updated?

Posté Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 10:08 am
My problem was solved since I disabled "open as Admin"-mode.

Posté Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 12:57 pm
80%