Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ8 home and usb soundcard?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

nottsdjPRO InfinityMember since 2012
can anyone confirm whether or not you can use a basic usb soundcard or usb headset with VDJ home without having to buy a VDJ basic licence?

the faq page kinda contradicts itself:

Quote :
If you are using a laptop (Or desktop with stereo sound card), you can add a basic stereo USB sound card for the headphone output. Your computer's built-in sound card will be used for the master output and the USB card for your headphones (Plug your headphones into the USB card.)

but then a bit further down the page it says:
Quote :
For more advanced sound configuration such as using two sound cards or multi-channel external DJ sound cards, you will need to purchase either VirtualDJ Pro Basic or VirtualDJ Pro Full.

im asking on behalf of a friend who wants to play with VDJ, and just wants to use PFL to monitor tracks - he won't be using a controller or anything, just the laptop - is a mono splitter cable the only option for VDJ home?

Posté Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 5:41 am
I think the second phrase is referring to using separate outputs for each deck (i.e. an external mixer).

I'm pretty darn sure that Home will allow use of a second interface for cue. The restriction is that it's confined to using a master/headphone setup, not individual outs.

Posté Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 5:53 am
groovindj wrote :
I think the second phrase is referring to using separate outputs for each deck (i.e. an external mixer).

I'm pretty darn sure that Home will allow use of a second interface for cue. The restriction is that it's confined to using a master/headphone setup, not individual outs.

yeah, thats kinda what we were thinking, but wanted to confirm it before he went and ordered a usb soundcard (the only ones i have are usb controllers, so definitely wont work on his setup)

(btw, hi! tis wanye from MDJF)

Posté Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:18 am
Hold up! According to this (written in 2010 mind) the Home version did not support using a USB audio interface.

Now, I don't know exactly when that FAQ page was written, but it certainly appears to be pre VDJ 8 (as it mentions VDJ Broadcaster) so as you say, there are contradictions.

There's certainly nothing about audio config on the VDJ 8 comparison chart.

Posté Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:25 am

Posté Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:28 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Trying to use V7 Home Free or V8 ?

Posté Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:31 am
The title says VDJ 8 Home.....

There's no mention of any restrictions with Home & USB audio in the User Guide either.

[later] Aha! According to this guy you can use VDJ 8 with USB for headphones. Now if that's the case, why can't it be stated clearly somewhere on this site?

Posté Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:39 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
In V8 Home free there is a external Soundcard support
but no separate Deck output ( e.g. for analoge Mixer)

Posté Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:47 am
Please make it clear in the comparison chart (or somewhere else prominent), in the wiki etc. that this is now possible with VDJ 8.

Posté Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:53 am
RobRoy wrote :
In V8 Home free there is a external Soundcard support
but no separate Deck output ( e.g. for analoge Mixer)

sweet, will get one ordered and give it a try, thanks :)

the guy wanting it is my roadie - he just wants to be able to practice using vdj in case he has to stand in for me for any reason (using my rig)

Posté Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 6:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)