Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Map controller button to react based on type of sample group

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJJDROXPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hello, I recently upgraded to a PRO infinity license to have a dual controller set up. I LOVE IT! I'm using a DDJ S1, and a Novation Launch Control (not officially supported) to have more control over effects and samples. My question - I have samples based in a few groups, and it would be nice if my mapping could be based off of what group my sample was in. For example, if i press a button for a sample it would play_stop. But if I had a wonderful Air Horn that I wanted to stamp on, I could rapid fire press for the desired effect instead of turning it on / off (play stop).

I know I could map the particular button to play_stutter, but if i ever changed the sample i would have to change the mapping. Is there any way to map the button based on the group i assign it? That way I could map all of the buttons at once and never have to to do it again?

Right now the button on my Novation Launch Control is mapped as follows: sampler 7 play_stop & sampler 7 select (based of SuperAceMan's mapping file - props!)

I've attached a pic of my mapping config page if it helps. Any help would be appreciated! Cheers.

Posté Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 8:00 am
VirtualDj 8 has different sampler firing / trigger modes.
You can assign your buttons as "sampler_pad 1" and then you can control how it will act on press by selecting the trigger mode you wish.
Available trigger modes are "play/pause", "play/stutter", "hold" and "unmute"

For more info about the sampler in VirtualDj 8 please take a moment to read the manual or watch our video tutorials.

Posté Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 10:37 am
DJJDROXPRO InfinityMember since 2014
That was it?.... too easy! Thanks. I just had to map it as sampler_pad instead of sampler. Guess it was designed back in 7 with the sampler bank.

I already had all of the groups done. As long as the sampler bank stays at the 3x3 grid I'll be fine. Thanks again.

Posté Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 2:47 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)