Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Reverting back to 8.1

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

i tried my best ,but today i reverted back to 8.1 2857 from 8.2 build 3311
nothing really serious ,the performance was stellar ( no shut down or anything else) BUT the little things are what made me do it :

-the random audio dropouts when loading a song on the opposite deck,
-the shaky wave forms,-
-the weird refreshing of the browser ,
-the higher cpu use and
-some really weird behavior from my controller (ddj sx) like 2 days ago on deck 1 while a song was playing the jog wheel was stuck in search mode -i would even touch it a little and the track would advance a lot (even when the track was playing) ,when it was supposed to pitch bend or move the track a little when the deck was not playing-.when i shut down vdj and restarted it at the end of the night , it was normal again.

of course until the end of the gig i used deck 3 instead of deck 1 and all was good....

in 8.1 i never had the smallest problem with any of it.

so after reverting ,all of these little issues are gone..

so stability & peace of mind comes first , and when these little glitches are ironed out i will try it again.
i cant have any doubts or fear that something will happen during my gig,in all the previous versions my trust for vdj is 150 %

just to be clear : the same laptop with the same specs ( nothing changed) ran with out any issues vdj 7-vdj 8-and vdj 8.1

its an audio optimized laptop i3 -6 gb ram -dedicated 2 gb video card & intel hd graphics card-no internet at any time and windows 7 ( i may have missed a few windows updates in the past year but i dont think that this could be the reason.)

the laptop has and is performing in any gig without any issues (and some of the gigs are more then 16 hours long)

in the summer the fan may work a little more but my cpu usage is never more than 25 % ,usually it is at the 7-15 % .
only when analyzing a track it goes up to 45-50 %

Posté Tue 19 Jul 16 @ 11:10 pm
can you tell me how you reverted back?

Posté Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 10:00 pm
i just installed 8.1 again and all is good

when you first install 8.1 it removes 8.2,and then again run the installer of 8.1 and voila !

Posté Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 11:25 pm
helpmuaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Wow my problem exactly! In the past two weeks there has been at least 3 updates and after my bad gig experience Saturday with sound drop outs and songs hesitating to play also beat grids not lined up.Disaster. I come home hook everything up guess what another software update. I start playing music perfect no problems.If it ain't broke don't update
leave it alone.

Posté Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 8:40 am
helpmua wrote :
If it ain't broke don't update

Not a bad statement, but not ideal either. The updates are issued because they do fix things.

Maybe it's nothing you've run into (yet) but each update does tell you what's been changed.

A better idea is to update when you have enough time to check and make sure it all works to your satisfaction - not just before a gig.

Also, you can always go back a version if required. Keep copies of previous versions on your hard drive, so you're not relying on an internet connection which may not be there when you need it.

Posté Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 4:57 pm
Where can one download earlier releases?

Posté Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 6:17 pm

Posté Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 6:35 pm
P.S. Can we please get a link to this on the main forum page as the same question comes up daily.

Thanks!

Posté Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 6:39 pm
I had the same problems last night Djing it was a nightmare.
Sound drop outs limiter at max CPUs on max and it froze.

Back to 8.1 I think.
Cheers

Posté Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 1:24 pm
i'll set all the cue point in 8.1 and then i upgrade 8.2 from 8.1 but now i have to reverting back in 8.1 and if i run the installer of 8.1 then it remove the 8.2 and you say again run the installer of 8.1 so i get 8.1 virtual dj. but i have one question and quetion is that if i run the installer for removing 8.2 then it removes all my cue point or not???

Posté Sat 08 Apr 17 @ 11:32 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
No it shouldn't as long as you don't allow VDJ to delete all files.

There is a popup with a question in the uninstall routine (I don't remember the exact words) something like:
Do you want to remove all files from your system?

Something like that.
Answere these question with "No" and all your history, databases, playlists etc. should remain on your system.
The database.xml files are holding all informations about Cues, Gain, Tags ...

Posté Mon 10 Apr 17 @ 11:51 am
ACID817PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Im reluctant to upgrade to vdj2020 thats why keep on saying no to update. can I install vdj2020 seperate folder on the same laptop?

so is the build 5308 is vdj8.1

Posté Sun 06 Oct 19 @ 7:15 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)