Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Content online videos

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi

I don't normally write on the forum, however I thought I would just share my view of the content unlimited videos, hope you all don't mind but I feels I should say something before any other uk djs waste there money, and ....... it's utter utter rubbish.

Not many classic videos to choose from, most are American and those are country music, I've never heard off so I doubt over here in jolly uk, no one else has, even big superbands, hope, only a few, typed in iron maiden ( not you're average choice I agree) one song, Rick ashtly one song and so on, even tried the top 20, not all in the list, even no 1, the terribly overplayed despacito remix, nope. Just a picture of the single.
Plus the download time is too slow, don't know if it's restricted, but I'm trying it at home, plugged into virgin running at max, takes 5 mins per song, even slower if you're loading on both decks, no chance of atomix for a wee break lol. My pc is a quad core running an i7 chip 8 gigs of ram so plenty of power.

I'm sure I will get my head chewed off, but hey if it saves some unsuspecting dj 50 quid so be it, buy dvds instead.

I can't get a refund, i shall take it on the chin I'm sure is karaoke the same, i know the music is, so that got cancelled in favour of Deezer.

Thanks for reading my moan. Virtual dj is brilliant though been using it for years.

Posté Sat 05 Aug 17 @ 12:45 pm
No head chewing from me :)

The real issue is probably that the content is licensed to play in public as a DJ. The same goes for CU audio
So a comparison to Deezer is not fair, since they are explicitly forbidden to play in public (says so when you sign up for it). The same goes for Spotify

As far as I know there is nothing out there that you can sign up for, which have "everything", and is also licensed to be used for DJing in public
I think we are all looking forward to the day that happens

PS: You can test both CU Audio and Video without signing up for it.
You can search for and download everything you want for as long as you like, but it will then only play 60 sec of each track without the subscription
I think it's always been like this, but I don't think so many VDJ users know this, and I think that's a shame. Because if they did know, and did test before signing up, nobody would get disappointed with the content after subscribing to it

Posté Sat 05 Aug 17 @ 2:27 pm
should not be called unlimited then, more very limited

Posté Sat 05 Aug 17 @ 3:49 pm
funkymike wrote :
should not be called unlimited then, more very limited

I think it's because there is no limit to how much you can download/play

Posté Sat 05 Aug 17 @ 9:39 pm
THANK YOU FUNKYMIKE,
I've been thinking about trying the videos thing out and youve just saved me the few quid...
thank you...
i found the karaoke list online with a quick google search and its not great at all either tbh.
was searching for a video list online too (no luck) seen this post, i know its old, but still helped me save a few bob :)
Greetings from Ireland

Posté Mon 11 May 20 @ 1:00 pm
Both audio and video content for UK based DJs has never been good on the VDJ providers.

Personally you can get a 40 video monthly subscription from Xtendamix for £25 and if you get something requested the videos download quickly.

95 percent of requests I don't have I can find there so it works well for me. Its not as integrated but at least the content is there.

Posté Mon 11 May 20 @ 2:14 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)