Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet controller bigger than mc6000mk2 with ONBOARD effects that will work with 8.2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
title says it all. i mean i could use traktor. or serato. but the way i mix, long and slow with xfader. suits me best on vdj 8.2 mixed with this controlller. i bought the ddj-sp1. and it helps. but with the prexisting effects already built into vdj.

but i dont see too many on the market know with onboard effects built into the controller like a mixer?

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 4:12 am
I'm not sure I get it... Why do you mention Serato and Traktor?
Yes they have internal effects just like VDJ, so I don't see much of a difference (except that VDJ supports .vst effects, so there is no limit to the effects you can add, whereas Serato only have the ones provides by Serato)

Anyway... Controllers like the Pioneer DDJ-SZ and Pioneer DDJ-SZ2 have built-in hardware effects (soundcolor effects) like the ones on the more expensive Pioneer mixers.
Since they are hardware based they will work with anything. They are just there. VDJ can't really do anything about them
And those controllers are huge - much bigger than the MC6000

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 4:20 am
i know i had one. way before they had support for vdj. i mentioned the other dj software. because well the effects are much better. if vdj had effects like the other two. it would convert a lot of other djs besides wedding/party djs. i just dont LIKE them.

sound colorization and the like would be great. and i dont care about size. my setup stays home. and is meant for podcasts only.i on the rare occassion i play out i ususaully use rekordbox and usb sticks. which is ok. but thats only because its the industry standard.

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 11:21 am
hh73 wrote :
because well the effects are much better.

I don't really think they are better anymore with VDJ8... But the great thing is: That doesn't really matter anymore, because as explained VDJ now supports .vst plugins, so you can add pretty much any effect you want into VDJ these days

Like this:

You can also change the filter effect if you like:

But IF I were to add hardware based effects to my setup, I wouldn't settle for the soundcolor effects on a mixer or controller
Then I'd add something like a Pioneer RMX-500 effect unit (or maybe even one of it's big brothers):

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 11:55 am
was going to get this. but someone talked me out of it. i got a good deal on a ddj-rx. and maybe i will add this one later. thanks :) but im not that effects crazy. so much of the music i play has them now. now i have the ddj-sp1 instead of the rmx 500. lol. sigh thank god for ebay.

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 3:28 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
VDJ now supports .vst plugins

You make it sound like it's something new. VDJ has had VST support since version 2.0 back in 2004!

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 5:01 pm
i didnt know it supported vsts. but issue with my pio djm 750k, or as someone said mk2. it isnt supported. i had everything running. but when i added some effects. just basic ones. the recording didnt have them. i really want to not set it up with hacks and tricks. and i decided i have way too much dj stuff. when i enjoy digital mixing the most now. now if i did decided to get the rmx-500 with the ddj-rx. this combo would work without drama? lol. i just had to cancel my order. the seller didnt tell me the ddj-rx is coming from tokyo and will take a month. wtf?

i could just drive to a shop a few hours away and buy it. i have noticed the effects are a bit better on vdj8. so is the sound quality. i like gagdets. but my ocd is driving me mad with stuff all over my "dj room" i used once and never used again. and since im just making podcasts. and uploading to sc or hearthis.at. its not life or death. but i wont give up on vdj.

im tired. night night

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 8:17 pm

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 11:20 pm
ok the order for the rx was cancelled. im not a pio fanboy. but my mcx8000 (denon) was so buggy. i will look around today for a ddj s2. or sz2. i think the sz is discontinued

Posté Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 6:04 am
had a rmx 500. it was cool. but lets just say not the easiest thing to use. you really need to hands. and the wrong combo of effects is like a atomic bomb going off in your head. i miss my kp2.

Posté Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 6:09 am
groovindj wrote :
You make it sound like it's something new. VDJ has had VST support since version 2.0 back in 2004!

I thought it was v6. v2 is before my time...
But yes, it's been in there forever - But people don't know about it, so I tend to announce it a bit dramatically :)

Posté Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 8:14 am
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsz2.html

bought this. and its in stock in germany! i know its a bit overkill. but ebay was good to me. dont see a sent/return on any of the pio controllers. but if vsts (which i didnt know about) work. than thats great.

good thing about german law and amazon. if it doesnt work, or i just dont like it. i get a quick refund. will not sell the denon mc6000mk2. still think, althought cramped and not blinged up. its one of the best controllers all around. and not locked to any software.

thanks for the help

Posté Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 8:25 am
klausmogensen wrote :
But people don't know about it, so I tend to announce it a bit dramatically :)

Same here. It never used to be in the manual, but I'm glad to see it is now.

It just needs to be a bit more visible in VDJ itself, for those (far too many) who don't do manuals :-)

Posté Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 9:24 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)