Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Missing MP3 tag information

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

It appears that this new version doesn't read all of the MP3 tag information correctly. The "Album" is blank for some songs. This only happens to some song files and it is highly frustrating. When I bring the song/file up in "Properties" or MP3Tag editor, the album information is clearly there. What is even more strange is that the same songs on some playlists display's the Album information while other playlists has it missing, and this is for the same songs. I figured the playlists were bad so I went into "Computer" with the VDJ software to select the songs again. When I did, the Album information was missing from there as well. Go to properties and the Album information is there. Any ideas? I can do a vid a little later if need be.

Posté Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 8:05 pm
Check which tags the tracks have the album field in.

A track can have three separate tag types incorporated ..... ID3v1, ID3v2 and APE. ID3v2 is the preferred tagging method.

VDJ has never had a problem reading tags on my files. You can also select multiple files in the browser and right click, batch, reload tags.

Posté Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 8:41 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Check which tags the tracks have the album field in.

A track can have three separate tag types incorporated ..... ID3v1, ID3v2 and APE. ID3v2 is the preferred tagging method.

VDJ has never had a problem reading tags on my files. You can also select multiple files in the browser and right click, batch, reload tags.

Thanks for the reply. The tags are ID3v2. I've linked the vid

https://youtu.be/ffE-gBElbVw

Posté Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 11:01 pm
I tried reloading the tags and that seems to work. Going to take a while to do all the files. Not sure why it messed up in the first place? It seems that VDJ8 has issues with duplicate songs. One on flash and one local. Not all songs but some.

Posté Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 11:07 pm
virtual Dj has lost some of my cdg files and now reads them only as mp3 files...no more video for Karaoke
I have edited 800 + artists in virtual DJ Title/Artist/ Album, they are now all scrambled up again??? years of work down the drain and I don't know how to go back to an old version of VDJ, can anyone help mr?

Posté Wed 20 Dec 17 @ 2:15 pm
Marcia-Marie wrote :
virtual Dj has lost some of my cdg files and now reads them only as mp3 files...no more video for Karaoke
I have edited 800 + artists in virtual DJ Title/Artist/ Album, they are now all scrambled up again??? years of work down the drain and I don't know how to go back to an old version of VDJ, can anyone help mr?

I agree.. A few updates ago VDJ8 cleared all the BPM settings and scanned file information for half my library. All of my historic information is gone.

Posté Wed 20 Dec 17 @ 4:47 pm
One word, guys. Backup.

If you're using a computer (for anything) then backing up any important files that you rely on is an essential part of computer use.

Backup to an external hard drive, or a flash drive, or the cloud, or another computer. But make a backup!

Posté Wed 20 Dec 17 @ 6:35 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)