Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Connecting Bluetooth speakers - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi guys

Can anyone advise how easy and what is needed to connect a Bluetooth speaker to my VMS5,with 2 wired speakers connected by cable too. I need 3 speakers connected.
What would I need to connect (a Bluetooth adaptor/receiver?) And what settings would I possibly need to alter?
I am running vdj8 pro

Thanks in advamce everyone
Ben

Posté Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 9:30 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Terrible idea, BT speakers take a tiny bit of time to encode and decode the signal, using BT alone would be difficult but possible if you used headphones (wired) to monitor. Using wired and wireless together would sound awful.

Posté Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 11:38 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Agreed. The lag would be noticeable between the wired and wireless and likely annoy everyone.

Posté Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 1:08 am
Thanks guys. I've heard and read lots of the same.
The issue is,I do a lot of Christmas parties at a hotel who have 2 rooms where people eat prior to the disxo starting, around 10-15m away from my main set up so I need to get sound to that area for aroynd 3 hours,before the main disco set starts. I don't think the lag of sound will be too much of an issue as it's pretty far away and the people will be in separate rooms. I will turn the speaker off after I start,too,so will only have the main wired speakers playing. It wouldn't be possible to run an extra long cable as it wouldn't look the part and would be run over door ways etc.

Posté Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 8:21 am
Just use a dedicated separate music source for the background music in that area. You can even get powered speakers with built in USB or card slots, so you can slap a few tracks on an SD card and leave it in the speaker.

Posté Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 6:21 pm
Thanks groovindj
Only issue it needs to be the same that comes out of the two wired speakers as I'll be making announcements etc etc
Any ideas?

Posté Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 1:21 pm
Iself have 2x JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker ,but I have this not so long and have not tested on a Party.
But at Home i have some problems with Handy and sending BT in the another Room.
On Openair installed on my Mountain Bike they works fantastic with my Galaxy S5 Handy by BT

For indoor:
i think you can use too a Funkmic / Receiver / Transmitter for this BT Speaker,
when you have one of this,but you must test it before.

Better is when you use a Cable for this Speaker (Backgroundmusic) from your Mixer or use a
Small MP3 Player with 3,5mm Cabel for this BT speaker,thing he heave a 3,5mm Line in.

greatings,Dirk

Posté Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 1:56 pm
benserra wrote :
I'll be making announcements etc etc
Any ideas?

In that case, why not set up another (small) system in that location....and actually be there? It needn't be complex for a mic and background music, and the main benefit is that you're there in the same room as them, not 15 metres away where presumably they can't see you.

Posté Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 4:42 pm
Thanks everyone. The only thing is this:
My set up (mobile disco so lights,controller,laptop,main speakers etc) will be in one location down a corridor where the main party is. There are 2 separate rooms that they use around 10m down the corridor that people cannot hear the background music (if I purely turn my hard wired speakers up,it is too load in the main area). It would be best to have all 3 speakers (2 hard wired and 1 bt) running off my VMS5 as I will not need the bt speaker after a few hours as it will be loud enough from the main room. I am hoping (even though the latency may be an issue) that I can find a solution to run 2 hard wired and 1 bt speaker from my controller,all together.
Just want to say,I really appreciate all your help guys,from all parts of the world. Great community!!
As always,many thanks in advance
Ben

Posté Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 7:52 pm
Before I had more equipment then I need, I did several things. This is what I suggest. Take one of your wired speakers, small mixer, and your laptop, into the room. Play your cocktail music, when it's over, take the speaker back into the main room. Or, just bring your Bluetooth speaker, a laptop and play the music. I have not had to make too many announcements (if any) during cocktail hours. I have actually set a boombox under a table, with a CD, and called it a day. It should not be that hard to do this. Does your Bluetooth speaker take SD cards or thumb drives, mic inputs?

Posté Sat 07 Apr 18 @ 6:57 am
if I had to play the music off of the same computer (and i'm guessing 10-15 meters is the distance and not 10-15 minutes away. ya never know these days)

a (maybe?) easier solution might be a second small laptop connected to wifi and stream a pc-to-pc broadcast with virtualdj...
you wouldn't have to worry about Bluetooth just making sure you had a decent wifi signal and the other computer hooked in to the speakers.

altho ... you may need to post a guard against punters, chavs, etc....

Posté Sat 07 Apr 18 @ 8:02 am
OldufferControlleristMember since 2014
Just something to think about..but..I have a bluetooth speaker system (rockville ram bt15) I use for outdoor ceremonies where my main rig is at another location. This speaker also has an fm radio built in. All you would need to do is patch in a small fm transmitter into your main system, and tune it to match your transmitter. Great range, much further than bluetooth, and much more reliable, and no lag. You can get a good fm transmitter at a very reasonable price. Just a thought.

Posté Sat 07 Apr 18 @ 10:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There are also other wireless audio transmitters that are not bluetooth, and higher quality then FM.

This one for example :
https://www.amazon.com/HopCentury-Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver-Amplifier/dp/B06XJL9646/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1523095937&sr=8-14&keywords=wireless+audio+transmitter

Quality is great and no noticeable latency.
(I use it for rear speakers in the living room)

For the range you probably should check it properly before using it, as there's a variety of similar devices with different ranges. (and different price classes)

Posté Sat 07 Apr 18 @ 10:17 am
In the UK it's only legal to use very low powered FM transmitters (typical use in car to transmit MP3 player to radio) so I doubt it would have enough power for that application.

I still say it's best to actually be in the room with your audience rather than 15m away where they can't see you.

Posté Sat 07 Apr 18 @ 10:24 am
Im looking at a similar situation, i want to connect two Bluetooth (stereo) speakers (LD Systems maui 28) one for left stereo and one for right stereo, and looking for community comments.

I have a vms2 which has balanced xlr output and also stereo phono jacks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01J14SOMG/ref=sspa_mw_detail_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im considering the above link which allows for two Bluetooth devices to be contracted, but I believe that they will only give me stereo left and stereo right.

I could buy two of these and then connect lh + rh but my worry is would it when i try to pair, how do i know what is linking up???

Why is there no simple solution to this, surely there is something out there that allow from a mixer to Bluetooth speakers??

Any suggestions?

Posté Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 8:26 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
As stated above, most people avoid the Bluetooth because of the delay.
There are wireless professional audio transmitters that work on the same frequencies as wireless microphones. Basically a wireless mic in reverse.

Posté Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 12:24 pm
Hi everyone, can anyone tell me how to connect a bluetooth speaker from fenton with my virtual dj 2021 and what the settings are in the soundconfiguration of the program. I tryed it before but the sound coming out of the box is very poor. Like the amplifier of the Bluetooth box doesn't work. It's actually the same sound that coming out the boxes from my laptop. Who can help?

Thx...

Posté Tue 18 May 21 @ 1:14 pm
Hi everyone, can anyone tell me how to connect a bluetooth speaker from fenton with my virtual dj 2021 and what the settings are in the soundconfiguration of the program. I tryed it before but the sound coming out of the box is very poor. Like the amplifier of the Bluetooth box doesn't work. It's actually the same sound that coming out the boxes from my laptop. Who can help?

Thx...

Posté Tue 18 May 21 @ 3:53 pm
Probably the bluetooth speakers / connection themselves then...
Just selected it as sound card inside VirtualDJ or how did you set it up?

Posté Tue 18 May 21 @ 11:02 pm
87%