Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Script School - Page: 28.55
On a custom button, for example.

Posté Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 7:41 am
I was using the original version but, this version is way faster and doesn't hang on different bitrates or formats, cheers @locodog (and good to see you back too)

Posté Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 9:41 am
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Great work as always man
Works perfect now

Posté Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 1:01 pm
Denny DennYo wrote :
Doesnt seem to let me copy/paste; do I have to type this in?

Posté Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 1:43 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Denny DennYo wrote :
Doesnt seem to let me copy/paste; do I have to type this in?

copy and paste no longer works in the new update !!!

Posté Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 1:49 pm
ctrl+v works only rightclick paste doesn't work

Posté Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 2:31 pm
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
hi at all, i have mapped a button:

button: mic_rec

and i have understand that at first press starts a mic recorder, second press stop mic recorder…but why at second press mic make off?
for this i have changed mapper to force mic always on:

button: mic_rec on ? mic_rec off & mic on : mic_rec on

but doesn’t work correctly…can you help me for have mic on at mic_rec end?
thanks

Posté Thu 13 Oct 22 @ 6:06 am
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi
I am really struggling getting to grips with param_ commands so thought I'd just ask

In the following script
<visual source="get_beat_counter" type="circle">
is there a way to add 1 to the value of 'get_beat_counter' ?
ie if 'get_beat_counter' is equal to 1, 'source' gets the value 2 etc

Thanks

Posté Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 2:25 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
& param_add -1

go to the first page of this thread, there's a link to a whole part on param_ manipulations.

Posté Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 3:01 pm
locodog wrote :
& param_add -1

go to the first page of this thread, there's a link to a whole part on param_ manipulations.

If I understand what you are saying correctly I have modified my script to read

<visual source="get_beat_counter & param_add -1" type="circle">

however that doesn't appear to work, the result is a blank circle (i also copied that expression to a text zone action with the same result (blank), i'm not sure but is it because I am using 'get_beat_counter' rather then 'get var ....' that the script isn't performing the correct math.
I did read other pages of this thread to try & work it out but the scripts quoted were so long I am having trouble isolating the correct syntax for just adding 1 to a 'get' value,

Posté Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 3:45 pm
oh right it's not direct number, more 0.0-1.0 represented
the minus sign was a purposeful error for you to figure out how to subtract with param_add

you want to add 1/32 or whatever your counter ceiling is, bear in mind when the counter hits the ceiling [actual without manipulation] you need to wrap round to zero

Posté Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 4:17 pm
Hi
I've tried various things using your instructions (now on page 2 lol) and discovered that in a textzone I can create an action
action ="param_multiply get_beat_counter 16 & param_add 2" that will do what I want, when get_beat_counter is saying 1, the result is 2 etc up to 16=17.
However that won't work in a source= command, but I'm assuming now that the 'source' is expecting a value from 0-1, I will scratch my head to see how I can nudge it up by a factor so it 'appears' to be 1 ahead.

Posté Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 4:24 pm
Hi
What I have been trying to do is change the beat circle, trying to adjust how the circle fills as the beat progresses cause I would prefer beat 1 to have 1/16 of the circle filled & beat 16 to be a full circle, so I have changed the visual to
"get_beat_counter & param_add 0.06249" (0.625 is 1/16 & I want 16 to be full not off)
It appears to work just wandered if anyone had a scenario that could mess this up.

I will test it & see how it goes & thanks for the help so far LOCODOG.
Thanks again

Posté Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 4:38 pm
hi! with this script:

button: virtualfolder_add ‘sampler/pippo’

i can add sample focused in browser window “songs” in sampler bank named “pippo”; but if i would add sample not in soecific sampler bank (not only “pippo”), but in sampler bank selected at this time

button: virtualfolder_add ‘sampler/‘get_sampler_bank’ ‘

but doesn’t work :(
can you help me?
thanks

Posté Sat 15 Oct 22 @ 5:46 am
build a string variable and cast it to the folder add

Posté Sat 15 Oct 22 @ 6:06 am
locodog wrote :
build a string variable and cast it to the folder add

thanks, like
- get_text "`get_status`" & param_contains 'get_sampler_bank'
- virtualfolder_add ‘sampler/‘get_status’ ‘

is correct?

Posté Sat 15 Oct 22 @ 6:12 am
no, I have no idea how you think that will work, why you think status or contains has anything to do with this I don't know.

build a string variable
set temp `param_add 'get_sampler_bank' 'get_text "sampler/"'`

cast to the folder add
get_var temp & param_cast & virtualfolder_add

Posté Sat 15 Oct 22 @ 8:05 am
@Locodog: it works!! thanks a lot....script sampler_add there isn't (like playlist_add or sidelist_add), but now with your help i can add samples in sampler_bank with a mapped button

Posté Sat 15 Oct 22 @ 1:44 pm
sofitLE userMember since 2008
Hello. I apologize for the google translate. I'm interested in programming the brightness and blinking of single color pads. 1 Is it possible to make a dimmed brightness pad? 2 Is it possible to make the pad shine brightly when you press a one-color pad, and when you press the pad again, turn it off or make it dim in brightness? 3 Is it possible to make a one-color pad blink? action? blink 800ms? color 'color?' :color 'noncolor?' What colors can I use to make the pad blink with this script? I tried with different colors, the pad does not blink, or it shines constantly. 4 Is it possible to make a single color pad react to a slicer? slicer 1? color 'color?' :color 'noncolor?' or slicer 1 ? color 'color?' : color 'dimmed brightness?'. Again, what colors to use in these commands for one-color pads. Or is everything wrong and you need to use other commands to control the brightness and turn on the backlight of one-color pads? One-color pads are in inexpensive controllers, of which there are a huge number. Therefore, I want to figure it out and make the work on single-color pads more diverse. Thanks for answers.

Posté Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 8:22 pm
color 0.66
blink 500ms

Posté Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 8:35 pm
61%