Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet RELOOP TOUCH the right way to assign SAMPLES to the pads

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

does anyone know how to assign samples to the pads on the reloop touch in such a way that you can use several at the same time. I assume it has to be written in the *.xml file. but so far i have seen several different xml files, that i cant figure out what the correct way is to do it.

Posté Wed 25 Jul 18 @ 12:54 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That would be the long way of doing it, the better way is make a new sampler page and fill sample pads with samples then just use the sampler pad page.

I'm on my phone atm so can't link easily but have a read of the manual about the sampler and things will become clearer.

Posté Wed 25 Jul 18 @ 3:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posté Wed 25 Jul 18 @ 4:30 pm
locodog wrote :
That would be the long way of doing it, the better way is make a new sampler page and fill sample pads with samples then just use the sampler pad page.

I'm on my phone atm so can't link easily but have a read of the manual about the sampler and things will become clearer.

thanks, what i am trying to do is to convert all the available samples here onsite to sets of 16 so i can use them for the Reloop TOUCH. Some sets have like 64 samples inside but then ofcourse there are only 16 available. so i want to devide those packages into 4 sets of 16

Posté Thu 26 Jul 18 @ 7:04 am
djdad wrote :
jayvee57nl wrote :
... in such a way that you can use several at the same time.

Samples that dont belong to a Group can be triggered at the same time. Only one Sample from a Group can be triggered at a time.
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/editors/samplereditor.html

thanks,
so if i understand you right if i keep them unzipped in a folder then i can play them all at the same time but if i zip them into a package only 1 at a time. i have some packages where i can play pad 11 to 16 simultaneously but 1 to 10 only 1 at a time and those are zipped. thats what makes it confusing

Posté Thu 26 Jul 18 @ 7:08 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Take all the samples and unzip them all, then build sampler pages. Editing group and play type.
Easiest way with the most control

Posté Thu 26 Jul 18 @ 7:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There are 2 different things here..
1. As i wrote above, in order to play multiple samples simultaneously, the samples must not belong to a group.
E.g. the Instruments default Sampler Bank has 3 groups. The red samples (Kicks) cannot be played at the same belong they belong to a Group. If you want to change that, you need to open them with Editor and assign to No Group. In the Editor you can also change the Sync behavior among other things , such as color etc.

2. Samples that are in a zip file , such as the ones you can download from our Addons page, cannot be edited (with the Editor), so you cannot change their group (e.g. ungroup them so that they can be played simultaneously)

Bottom line... You unzip the ones that you download from our addons page to a folder. Then drag any of them to a new Sampler Bank (or edit the one you have), then you can group/ungroup any of them and get the results you want.

One other info for Controllers with 8+8 Pads (such as the Touch) : If a Sampler Bank has up to 8 samples, both sides will trigger the same Pads. If a Sampler Bank has more than 8 samples, the left side Pads will trigger Samples 1 to 8 and the right-side Pads will trigger samples 9 to 16.
If you want to trigger more than 8 Samples per side, you can download this Pads page http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80757 but you will need to edit the mapping of the Touch and perhaps the Touch Skin too.

Posté Thu 26 Jul 18 @ 12:30 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)