Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet ‘Mix Full Start’ does not act as a first cue anymore when loading and playing a song

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Virtual Dj 8 version8.3 b4459
Help please!
I work with VDJ8 since 3 years and I paid extra money to get rid of the advertisements in the program.
But since the latest update one week ago, my system does NOT start the song anymore from the ‘Mix Full Start’. In the past 2 years it did so, that is why I have put in this ‘Mix Full Start’ at the right point in more than 2000 files where I want the song to start playing.
It took me many months of work to do that, in combination with key and pitch settings that follow immediately after the ‘Mix Full Start’ point. This way I can set my Karaoke files in the right key and pitch before they start playing. Many times with some EQ corrections and effects added. I always start manually and I want to keep it that way.
But ever since last week the program does not ‘read’ the ‘Mix Full Start’ point as the first cue anymore. It does not take it into account as the first cue that it should be looking for (setting: options: audio: autocue = set to ‘cue’.
If I set the autocue to ‘no’ it will start from the very beginning, but many times that is not what I want and all the silence before the song takes too long (and some songs have annoying ads as an intro).
I was doing really fine, and I paid extra to get rid of the advertisement in Virtual DJ. But since last week, my 2 year work has all been done for nothing and I have to start all over again! That can NOT be the case!
Can anybody help me please?

Posté Sat 28 Jul 18 @ 9:34 am
Combining with this problem:
The first cue is NOW the point where the song starts playing, BUT that cue is NOT READ !
Example: my first cue is key -1, my second cue is pitch 103%.
If I load this song, it starts playing from cue 1, but the key is NOT transposed! The pitch is changed, yes, and the rest thereafter also.
But not the information in the first cue, how is that possible?

Also I found out that you can NEVER put 2 cues on the same exact position in a song, because then it will not read BOTH! So no result there.

Posté Sat 28 Jul 18 @ 9:51 am
Music2You2 wrote :
some songs have annoying ads as an intro

Can you give an example of a song that has an advertisement at the beginning?

That sounds strange to me, as I am certain none of the songs in my collection (vinyl, CD or MP3) have adverts at the start.

Where did you buy these songs?

Posté Sat 28 Jul 18 @ 11:59 am
Some files come from youtube and have an intro leader from the company that made the video. But also different lenghts of no-audio before the actual songs starts. The 'skip silence' doesn't always recognise the cue's, and I need to cue's to be read because they contain key and pitch information before the songs starts.

Posté Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 5:39 am
Music2You2 wrote :
Some files come from youtube

Ah - as I suspected. Ripping video from YouTube is illegal.

Posté Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 8:59 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
To be clear on how you set those, when open the POI editor, your song has a 'Mix Full Start' point where you want it to load on.
By the name, I'm assuming the Type is 'Automix Point', and since you expect it to load from that point, 'Cue' is set to 'Cue 1' ?

Also, there are no other POI's in that track before that point, that also have 'Cue' set, or that are of type 'Load Point' ?

Posté Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 10:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)