Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Question re/ Playlists and Cue points

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

First of all, kudos to the developers for a very slick software system. As a newcomer, I'm still trying to find my way around all the functions. I had 2 questions:

1) Can I create a playlist file externally, e.g., using Notepad or Excel? I know I can export one from VDJ, but is there a capability to import a text file and find those songs from my hard disk?
2) I use the 'Full Start' and 'Full Stop' cues to line up the automix points to blend between songs and it works great. However, sometimes the interludes of a song between verses are too long. I would like to skip a chunk of such interludes that occur during (not at the beginning or end) of a song. Is there a way to do this?

Hope these questions make sense. Thanks in advance.

Joe

Posté Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 9:25 pm
Rustywoods wrote :
1) Can I create a playlist file externally, e.g., using Notepad or Excel? I know I can export one from VDJ, but is there a capability to import a text file and find those songs from my hard disk?

The playlists are just standard m3u playlist files so you can create them in anything that supports m3u - I often still use good old Winamp for it
You don't need to put them in the correct playlist folder afterwards - VDJ will shown them and understand them anywhere it finds them, just like track files
This is the m3u format:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U
The format is pretty simple so you can also do it in notepad if you have to, but I would go with a software that knows the m3u format

Rustywoods wrote :
2) I use the 'Full Start' and 'Full Stop' cues to line up the automix points to blend between songs and it works great. However, sometimes the interludes of a song between verses are too long. I would like to skip a chunk of such interludes that occur during (not at the beginning or end) of a song. Is there a way to do this?

You can use action POIs to automatically "jump" in a song if you like, or use the Track Cleaner feature to create a new edit that doesn't have the interlude
Both methods are shown in this video:

Posté Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 6:13 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)