Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet "First Seen" changed on me

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have 2 external drives that i store all my videos and music on and play from, 1 primary and 1 back up. I often copy my database over to my back up so that in case i needed it, it would be up to date. The last time i did it and I also used the database clean up feature, once i relaunched vdj it said the drive was corrupt and asked if i wanted to repair it. Of course i choose yes and when it launched, there were TONS of songs not analyzed anymore with a fresh "first seen" date and play count vanished from most tracks. I re-analyzed my entire external again. Is there any way to restore it. I have an external that is up to date only to about a year ago but that would be better than what i am dealing with now. This happened one other time to quite a few tracks when i was playing out and i was having trouble playing DVS with virtual dj but Serato was doing fine so i decided to do the night with serato (i know, sorry...) but i analyzed quite a few tracks in serato and when i used virtual dj the next day, all those tracks were "First seen" again.

Also what could have caused this so that i can avoid this in the future? I feel like it was the database cleaner. If i could somehow change the "first seen" to the same as the "file date" that would help. I love using "my library" and the "play count". It makes it easier to know which version of the that i usually play without having to preview them all again.

Another related question. If i have a bunch of tracks in an unsorted folder and later move them to their appropriate folders (ex. 80s, 90s, house...), will that also change tag info?

Posté Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 6:28 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Have a look if there is a "backup" folder somewhere in your ../Docments/VirtualDJ or <OtherDrive>/VirtualDJ folder.
If a database get corrupted and before repairing it, a backup of the old corrupted database is made an put into the backup folder.

Maybe you can open it with an editor and see if something is clearly wrong with the old database.

Posté Thu 03 Jan 19 @ 12:19 pm
PachN wrote :
Have a look if there is a "backup" folder somewhere in your ../Docments/VirtualDJ or <OtherDrive>/VirtualDJ folder.
If a database get corrupted and before repairing it, a backup of the old corrupted database is made an put into the backup folder.

Maybe you can open it with an editor and see if something is clearly wrong with the old database.

Okay, thanks. I'll have a look when I get home. Any idea what could cause database corruption?

Posté Thu 03 Jan 19 @ 12:36 pm

Posté Thu 03 Jan 19 @ 10:39 pm
You can either open the file without buffering to cache or call FlushFileBuffers before closing. Either way it should be completely written when the file is closed using one of those methods. If writing to a file fails or FlushFileBuffers fails, an error will be returned. That's the way it is supposed to be. While I have not tested that myself for USB drive, I can't imagine it would not work. USB will signal the app if a problem occurs like disconnects but the file functions should be sufficient in this case.

They should be able to handle the USB case but power failures need additional safe guards.

Of course, if you do get an error, you need to be prepared to do something about it.

Posté Fri 04 Jan 19 @ 1:13 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)