Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Denon Prime 4

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have seen some stuff recently about Denon's Prime 4 and integration with VDJ. I'm a bit confused. I have seen pictures of what appears to be the VDJ layout on the Prime 4 screen. Is that correct? The main things I am wondering is; will the Prime 4 read all of the cue points and other data saved on my hard drive from VDJ? Also will this new integration (if it exists) have the capability to do automix with cross fades on the main channels, and not just the zone out?

Posté Sun 03 May 20 @ 6:48 pm
djcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
digital monkey music wrote :
I have seen some stuff recently about Denon's Prime 4 and integration with VDJ. I'm a bit confused. I have seen pictures of what appears to be the VDJ layout on the Prime 4 screen. Is that correct? The main things I am wondering is; will the Prime 4 read all of the cue points and other data saved on my hard drive from VDJ? Also will this new integration (if it exists) have the capability to do automix with cross fades on the main channels, and not just the zone out?

I am assuming that if you were using it with the custom mapper from last October, which didn't have the screens to use, that the prime 4 is just a normal controller.

Guessing any cue points, loops etc etc which have been saved in VDJ would just be the same as any controller.

Still waiting on answers myself, but I going to have a play around tomorrow. CANNOT BLOODY WAIT!

Posté Sun 03 May 20 @ 6:53 pm
I actually have not purchased it yet. I am considering it, but not going to if I have to reset all of my cue pints etc again. I will just stick with my MC7000 and a laptop.

Posté Mon 04 May 20 @ 5:09 pm
You seem confused. The Prime 4 (or more accurately the Engine Prime software) will not read VDJ cue points, as EP doesn't import VDJ data.

On the other hand, if you use the Prime 4 purely as a controller, then your cue points will work just fine, as the Prime 4 isn't reading them, VDJ is. The Prime 4 is just controlling VDJ.

Posté Mon 04 May 20 @ 5:20 pm
I'm not confused. I'm aware that it will work as a controller with VDJ, but what's the point of having it then? If I want that I'll just stick with my MC7000. EP does read data from many other DJ software platforms. Not sure why if couldn't be set up to read VDJ data.

Posté Tue 05 May 20 @ 12:11 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
then ask denon about it, what do you expect atomix to do about it?

Posté Tue 05 May 20 @ 12:47 am
I'm not confused

Excuse me, but (from your first post)...
I'm a bit confused

Make your mind up :-)

Posté Tue 05 May 20 @ 4:13 pm
Easy solution, just move on and don't use VDJ if it's not your idea of perfect. Is that confusing?

Posté Tue 05 May 20 @ 4:40 pm
Now GroovinDj is confused over the confusion lol Lock down has finally got to me.

Posté Sun 24 May 20 @ 10:37 am
Been using prime 4 for a while and is very good as a standalone system. Been using vdj for 15 years and miss the x factor you get when using software. look forward to update soon if possible.

Posté Sun 24 May 20 @ 1:05 pm
Thanks for nothing to most of you that responded. I was looking for some information; not ridicule. I thought this forum was about helping each other out. I asked some legitimate questions. It is a moot point now anyway. I am not getting the Prime 4. As much as I like the idea of a standalone controller; it does not have a lot of the features that VDJ offers. There was some talk on some other groups about VDJ integration with EP. I guess maybe that's not the case. Have a great day!

Posté Mon 25 May 20 @ 1:16 am
You asked questions and got answers (and explanations).

Once again:
When using the P4 with VDJ, your cue points etc will be read - because VDJ is reading them, not the P4.
When using the P4 standalone, your VDJ cues etc will not be read, because Denon's Engine Prime software does not import data from VDJ.

It's up to Denon to integrate importing of VDJ into their software.

Posté Mon 25 May 20 @ 7:44 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
or you can use ATGR conversion tools for transfering your cues and saved loops to engine prime software drom VDJ

Posté Mon 25 May 20 @ 3:31 pm
djmila wrote :
or you can use ATGR

....which only runs on Mac and requires two different utilities, which cost nearly 55 Euros total.

Posté Mon 25 May 20 @ 3:40 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)