Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Artists Names Not Showing Up in VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello VDJ...
I have recently spent many hours going through my itunes folder (and finder) updating a bunch of file names / artists / albums. I am now re-imported these "cleaned" folders/files.

However, for many files in the same folder, artist names are not showing in VDJ.

For example, inside the Artist folder, one song will display artist name, then next will not.
/iTunes Media/Music/Aerosmith/Honkin' On Bobo

I have reloaded tags, reloaded itunes, done all I can think to do. I have searched the forum, but can not find any ideas.
Just file system anomaly, or am I missing a step?

Thank You.

Posté Sat 13 Jun 20 @ 10:01 pm
How were you doing the updating? Were you changing just tags via iTunes, or changing things outside of any software, manually going into folders etc?

If you were manually editing without doing it via iTunes then you'll need to let iTunes rescan your files so it can update its database. One the iTunes database is correct, then you can have VDJ read the iTunes data again.

Posté Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 7:56 am
Thanks for your kind response.
I deleted all the old junk out of the music folder from the finder first. Then created the new Library, and made updates to files (artist, album, etc), from within itunes.

I did all of the above, then started VDJ and pointed it to the new XML file. I would have thought that, that would have created updated tags?
So I am assuming I may need to have itunes rescan as suggested. How is this done? I do not see an itunes menu item to "Rescan Library".

EDIT... such a wonderful - the Google.

Rescanned, didn't make a noticeable difference. Hmmm...

Posté Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 4:58 am
Have you check the tags of the files that don't show artist name, to make sure that the name is really there?

Posté Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 9:07 am
Thanks again for the kind reply.
I would like to think I have... lol... screenshot inside VDJ and itunes:
File name with album, artist, song is there.

Does that look right to you?
Thanks!

Posté Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 8:53 pm
Well straight away I can see there's no artist in the VDJ tag. That would be because the file name is not Rory Gallagher - A Million Miles Away.mp3 (which is standard naming).

The file name has no artist, only the title.

If the tag in the file has the info, then you need to set VDJ to import data from the tags, not file names.

Posté Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 9:15 pm
You need to save the file in Windows Media Player as artist - title - in this case, Rory Gallagher - A Million Miles Away - in order for it to display properly in Virtual DJ - I made that mistake when I first started using it - someone on here (can’t remember now - recommended I save it like that! Thank you, kind sir!

Posté Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 10:04 pm
arthurvasey wrote :
You need to save the file in Windows Media Player as artist - title - in this case, Rory Gallagher - A Million Miles Away - in order for it to display properly in Virtual DJ - I made that mistake when I first started using it - someone on here (can’t remember now) recommended I save it like that! Thank you, kind sir!

Posté Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 11:36 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)