Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Re analyze question/suggestion - Page: 3

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

The usual advice for "mission critical" use like this (you don't want any problems) is to run the software on its own. Just to be on the safe side.

Don't go online. Don't read your emails. Don't do anything other than (in this case) use the DJ software.

That's just the precaution. The safest option, just to keep the risk low.

That doesn't mean running other things will make the computer crash. It just means there's a lower chance because you're not taking risks.

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 7:53 am
Dj Pari M wrote :
Ok ok...point taken...the thing is that there are other things running that may be affected...but from what I gather..the feature is designed to utilize all 'spare' CPU power...so I assume if virtual DJ alone is running..it will use x CPU power..and If i open an internet browser for example and it uses 30% CPU on it's own...vdj's max cpu 'appetite' should now be x - 30.
Correct???

correct

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 9:12 am
Well, did a small gig among family for fathers day, test it in real life. Well, my 2nd generation I7 DV-7 couldn't handle the loads. The screen sticks took about a minute and a half to complete a track load. So I also run Breakaway dj in the background which is probably why I got the audio dropout(not gonna give up using BreakawayDJ for this feature). So I closed BreakawayDj that did make a difference no Audio dropouts but the long load about 45sec and glitching screen remained. So I turned the feature off and it was back to normal, with breakaway dj running in the background. Track load has never peaked my machine more than 45%. Also, my Radeon graphics gets a not supported message, so I'm sure that has a large part in my laptop not being able to handle the load. So is my only solution a newer laptop?

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 6:52 pm
is the feature worth purchasing a new machine???
that's a dilemna you have to work out.
keep in mind,,u can always prepare tracks before hand with the feature or make acapellas etc without getting a new machine...as you would not be 'live'

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 7:08 pm
Dj Pari M wrote :
is the feature worth purchasing a new machine???
that's a dilemna you have to work out.
keep in mind,,u can always prepare tracks before hand with the feature or make acapellas etc without getting a new machine...as you would not be 'live'

That's what I do already, I used xtrax and I'm satisfied with it...just hare having to be online to use it..

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 7:41 pm
Try repsyps (it uses Spleeter code but has a Windows GUI).

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 9:01 pm
I Bootcamped my Mac on Saturday with a full new install of Windows 10 Pro x64bit.
Right, where's my notes. Did some testing this morning with b5929 timing (not scientific, just my phone timer lol) the loading of tunes, mp3s and videos.

On the Mac version with a 3 1/2 minute song;
GPU - initial song 1.5 seconds, then total with the stems 8 seconds.
CPU - exactly the same
Disabled - 0.5 second

On Windows Pro 10 x64, VirtualDJ put a message up that it can't use the GPU mathEngine (I ignored it, call me a rebel lol).
GPU - intial song 1.5 seconds, then total with the stems 11 seconds
CPU - exactly the same
Disabled - 0.5 second

Oh, I also tried Spiller - Groove Jet (If This Aint Love) (Extended Vocal mix). 7mins 26secs long. On the Mac side, it took a total of 15 seconds including the stems.On Windows Pro x64bit it took a total of 22 seconds including the stems.

Even though on the W10 Pro side, when it said the mathEngine couldn't be used, it still generated the stems and they work fine.
In conclusion, for me, both sides are useable. I'm sure with a little tweaking from the devs they will get even quicker.

System Specs;
MacBook Pro 15” 2017, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Memory, Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB, Intel HD Graphics 630 n1536 MB, macOS Catalina 10.15.5, 500gb SSD, now Bootcamped with Windows 10 Pro x64bit. External WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD containing Music & Video databases and is formatted NTFS, I use the Paragon plugin with NTFS for Mac.
VirtualDJ 2021 b5929 and Controllers - Denon MC7000, Denon MC6000 MkII (backup).

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 10:48 pm
nice...and what was the cpu usage on those tests??

Posté Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:42 am
djles.co.uk wrote :
I Bootcamped my Mac on Saturday with a full new install of Windows 10 Pro x64bit.
Right, where's my notes. Did some testing this morning with b5929 timing (not scientific, just my phone timer lol) the loading of tunes, mp3s and videos.

On the Mac version with a 3 1/2 minute song;
GPU - initial song 1.5 seconds, then total with the stems 8 seconds.
CPU - exactly the same
Disabled - 0.5 second

On Windows Pro 10 x64, VirtualDJ put a message up that it can't use the GPU mathEngine (I ignored it, call me a rebel lol).
GPU - intial song 1.5 seconds, then total with the stems 11 seconds
CPU - exactly the same
Disabled - 0.5 second

Oh, I also tried Spiller - Groove Jet (If This Aint Love) (Extended Vocal mix). 7mins 26secs long. On the Mac side, it took a total of 15 seconds including the stems.On Windows Pro x64bit it took a total of 22 seconds including the stems.

Even though on the W10 Pro side, when it said the mathEngine couldn't be used, it still generated the stems and they work fine.
In conclusion, for me, both sides are useable. I'm sure with a little tweaking from the devs they will get even quicker.

System Specs;
MacBook Pro 15” 2017, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Memory, Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB, Intel HD Graphics 630 n1536 MB, macOS Catalina 10.15.5, 500gb SSD, now Bootcamped with Windows 10 Pro x64bit. External WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD containing Music & Video databases and is formatted NTFS, I use the Paragon plugin with NTFS for Mac.
VirtualDJ 2021 b5929 and Controllers - Denon MC7000, Denon MC6000 MkII (backup).

Do your test while playing the other deck.

Posté Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 5:58 am
@DJ Pari M - with the GPU selected for stem calculation the CPU usage was unaffected, but, when CPU was selected on loading it obviously hit 100% for the duration of the stems scan while a tune was playing on the other deck unaffected and running smoothly (even video).

@DjratedXXX919 - There was a tune playing in the opposite deck at all times during these tests as mentioned above.

Cheers
Les

Posté Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 11:12 am
Ok man thanks for sharing your results.

Posté Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:44 pm
a 3mb mp3 has a 16mb stem compute file!!!
i have done some testing..i realize it creates a temp file alongside the mp3 itself...
so i deleted it,relaunched vdj and it recreated it..does that mean that vdj 'holds' the stem compute file in another location besides alongside the music file???
On another note...given my personal issues(again i stress...it is no fault of vdj),being the large storage space and initial cpu required(less strain now but takes longer obviously) even for precompute...i will have to pass on this feature for now...it is not as essential for me to...but i know there will be some who can afford the required resources..and for this i say kudos to the team same way!

Posté Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 8:00 pm
For me personally, 8 seconds complete load time is quite acceptable considering the initial load time of 1.5 seconds, just a bit longer for the stems.

When I started with VirtualDJ version 4 back in 2006 I was using lots of videos in nightclubs. The load time was probably around the same because I used a Dell Inspiron 6000 (still use it for accounts) on Windows XP. The Dell was using shared graphics as well with no graphics processor. I will have a look at the new version that pre-computes the stems, but, I probably won't use it.

Posté Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 11:16 pm
Dj Pari M wrote :
a 3mb mp3 has a 16mb stem compute file!!!
i have done some testing..i realize it creates a temp file alongside the mp3 itself...
so i deleted it,relaunched vdj and it recreated it..does that mean that vdj 'holds' the stem compute file in another location besides alongside the music file???

So if a temp file is created for the stem, then it is saveable if you choose too. And I feel we should have that option. For me a 20mb file is smaller than my video files.... Come on y'all just add then lock analysis option.
Not only for this but it also helps efx tappers....

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 2:11 am
You should probably check the latest EA release.

• "create manually" means it will use a .vdjstems if present, and if not present, do the separation live.
  • "always create" means it will use a .vdjstems if present, and if not present, do the separation live and then save the .vdjstems automatically.
  • "only use precomputed" means it will use a .vdjstems if present, and if not present, will not do anything (and stems won't be available for this track).

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/235739/General_Discussion/new_Early_Access_build_(b5949)_with_pre-computed_stems.html

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 2:16 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)