Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet external camera with audio?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm trying to use Virtual DJ and my DJ2GO2 controller for something I haven't needed to do before. I will be running the AV end of things for an online streaming event where we'll be showing videos and then having a host come onscreen to talk between them. I never thought I'd use my DJ controller as a video switcher. I can mix between videos no problem. It took a lot of trail and error but I can now mix between videos and a live external camera. What I can't seem to figure out now is whether I can get the audio from the camera into Virtual DJ. Does anyone know if that's possible, and what I need to do to make it happen? Thanks

EDIT: Sorry - just realized I should've posted this in the Video section.

Posté Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 5:28 pm

Posté Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 6:02 pm
Thanks for the response. The camera is a Canon Vixia HF10 (because there were problems getting a useable feed from every DSLR I tried). The camera and audio are both coming into the laptop via a HDMI to USB3.0 capture. Additionally, I have audio coming out of the camera's headphone jack into a USB Audio Device capture, which I can see on System Preferences -> Sound -> Input -> USB Audio Device is giving a good signal and levels. In Virtual DJ, though, I've tried every combination in the settings to get that signal to show up, and so far, nothing (and now, under "Inputs" I can't seem to click from "Microphone" to "Line Input") The manual says, "Once a Line-In is configured the source area will become available via toggle in the Custom Button's panel (Pro and Performance Layouts) to turn the Line-In on and off." I'm thinking that must be where the problem is, because I don't see the source area to toggle. I've looked in both Pro an Performance Layouts.

Posté Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 5:26 pm
You added it as mic though.. And now you have two of them.

I guess you rather want it as line-in? (change to line-in in the drop down instead of mic)

Posté Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 7:34 pm
That, along with figuring out the Custom Button, seems to have done the trick. It's working. Thanks for you help.

Posté Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 9:50 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)