Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Stem Pad Mapping Group/Combinations
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
I've been using the Stems (Vocal, Instru, Bass, Kick, HiHat) with my DJ Controller that only provides 4 pads (1,2,3,4) on each Deck. If I want to remove the Bass and Kick, I usually hit Pad 3 on my controller and with the mouse hover and click on Kick manually and then I repeat the process to bring them back together on the 1 of the next phrase.

Do I have to map each Stem to a button or can I group them mapped so I can toggle them on and off easier? The directions say you can aggregate stems by Melody (Instru+Bass) or Rhythm (HiHat+Kick), but I really want to map other combinations like Bass+Kick together and any other combination, but I haven't been able to do this yet.

I've tried mapping mute_stem Bass+Kick, but it only mutes the Bass. I want to be able to choose more than 1 to be muted together. I've tried to map only_stem Bass+Kick and it mutes them all except for Bass.

Posté Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 10:20 pm
The combo word is not there, at least currently.... those you say in the help text is the valid combos.

But.. You can combine as you want when you do the script actions.
For example, map as : mute_stem "kick" & mute_stem "bass"

For pads you should perhaps try use the pad action verb instead :
stem_pad "kick" & stem_pad "bass"

Posté Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 10:57 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
Thank you, Rune (dj-in-norway), It worked! I'm saving this information in my EverNote. I'm back in the mix now!

Posté Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 12:49 am
Thanks for the info! On my stems pad bank I had pad 4 available so I mapped it to create an acapella by killing all but the vocal I used script

stem_pad 'instru' & stem_pad 'bass' & stem_pad 'kick' & stem_pad 'hihat'

Hope that helps others or maybe virtual dj can add it for everybody

Posté Thu 13 May 21 @ 8:14 am
MrPositiveP wrote :
Thanks for the info! On my stems pad bank I had pad 4 available so I mapped it to create an acapella by killing all but the vocal I used script

Can also do that with a single action : only_stem 'vocal'
Or as it is on pads (if you right click the vocal) : stem_pad isolate 'vocal'

Posté Thu 13 May 21 @ 9:48 am