Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Automatic Stem Switching At A Cue Point

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Is it possible to set a cue point or remix point on a track and when it gets to that point, it automatically removes the vocals or instrumentals? Kind of like an auto stem starting point? I looked and didn't see where this could be done, but I could be missing it. Thanks for the help!

Posté Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 12:03 pm
Yes, you can do that using an action POI in the POI editor
Here is an example where the vocals are removed at the start of the chorus

Posté Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 12:25 pm
Ahhh...Macro Action! That's what I was missing. Thanks and much appreciated! :)

Posté Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 12:28 pm
For fun try mapping this to a button:
repeat_start_instant 'AS' 25ms & deck master get_beat_bar 1 & param_smaller 0.5 ? var 'doOnce' 0 ? stem_pad 'vocal' & set 'doOnce' 1 : nothing : set 'doOnce' 0

This stops it again:
repeat_stop 'AS'

Posté Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 1:04 pm
Good idea. It could be like a auto censor function. Make a dirty mix to clean mix. At the begin of the gig you just decide that you want play dirty by a custom button press (autocensorvariable = 1) and it will censor all songs automatically. At midnight the event sheduler will change the autocensorvariable to 0 and you will continue playing dirty :c)

Posté Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 3:36 pm
Wow that's an amazing feature. When reading OPs post i did not expect VDJ to be capable of this.

Posté Fri 21 Aug 20 @ 4:16 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I see you have a lot to learn from vdj

Posté Fri 21 Aug 20 @ 4:22 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
above all you should never hesitate to go to the settings, option and especially to read the entire manual.

Posté Fri 21 Aug 20 @ 4:25 pm
The manual is a good start, but there is so much "under the hood" of VDJ that you also should study the various parts of the wiki.

Posté Fri 21 Aug 20 @ 5:19 pm
Played around a lot this weekend on some tracks with that Macro Action and it works perfectly! So nice to be able to create my own acapella out's or outro edits that were never released formally.

Posté Mon 24 Aug 20 @ 12:32 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)