Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Serato flip feature in VDJ 2020?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi, I'm a Virtual DJ user since more than 14 years, and very happy with the new features in the latest releases.
By renewal of my controller I got a free version of Serato DJ Pro with an Expansion pack.
My curiosity was offcourse big enough to check and compare VDJ with Serato DJ Pro.
I'm sure I will never move to Serato but I found a very usefull feature called 'Serato Flip' and I'm wondering if VDJ has an alternative.
Serato Flip is able to record manual handlings on a deck as a macro.
For example you have a song with 2 cuepoint; Cuepoint 1 in the beginning of the song where you can loop the intro. Cuepoint 2 is marked as vocal startpoint. Serato flip is able to record and stores for example an action where the loop should be played 3 times and then the song jumps to Cuepoint 2.
VDJ can manage the repeat of the loop by 'Saved Loops' but would it also be able to skip and move automatically to Cuepoint 2?

Thanks for the ideas
Johan

Posté Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 4:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posté Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 4:15 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There is the routine pad page, it has a learning curve to it [like flip does] for your simple example the track cleaner would be easier but if you want/need to jump back in the track then Cleaner can't do that.
routine can let you do other things Cleaner can't. [thinks flip can't either]
your example, but instead of looping 3 times you want to loop a unknown number of times [maybe you're on the mic talking over the intro] routine can do that [it will loop the intro until you press a button, it will finish the loop and then jump to the vocal]. It's worth a look.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/233820/Addons/routineSP.html

Posté Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 5:29 pm
Hi Locodog,

I was very happy to see your Serato Flip alternative although, I'm not able to let it work...
The plugin is installed. I checked your Routine Video Tutorial but for some reason it doesn't work. Some new Cuepoint are made with 4 digits but I'm not able to make loops or record the macro. I'm missing the 4 special 'buttons' as you have in your video labelled with: '0.0000', '?', 'SHIFT' and 'BANK'. Do they have a special function?
I found that after using the SHIFT the 8 Padkeys are getting symbols, unfortunately when I hit SHIFT, I see temporarely other symbols and when I release SHIFT, they disappear.
Please explain me the missing part in order to start using your routineSP
Thanks in advance!

Posté Fri 21 Aug 20 @ 9:52 pm
DjZ0rbPRO SubscriberMember since 2021
Hi Wouldn't be easier to just record yourself making those edits... And then just playing the edited version the way you like?

Posté Tue 18 May 21 @ 3:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Against the initial learning curve, maybe, but this this allows editing after the fact.

Posté Tue 18 May 21 @ 4:08 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
I use the POI editor in VDJ8.5 for DJ Edits and if it's too complicated then I use a DAW. Some have a 90-day free trial or you can find some for as low as $29.

Posté Wed 19 May 21 @ 5:05 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)