Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet HELP:: advise on new controller

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Last year I have tried to transition from my old controller to NI Traktor control S4 (I was also considering switching to traktor then I changed my mind) ; I had a terrible experience using it with VDJ so I have decided to sell it and change again to another controller and I have put my eyes on Pioneer DDJ 1000. Can anyone advise me on how is the experience of DDJ 1000 with VDJ ? I would prefer to avoid the same mistake twice also considering the hefty ptice tag...
Thank you in advance

Posté Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 12:30 pm

Posté Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 12:32 pm
Thank you very muich Rune..I saw this. I was also interested on an "unofficial" opinion by a fellow long time VDJ user who has made the same transition. Have you by any chance ?

Posté Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 12:36 pm
I dont have this exact controller, but only heard good things about it

Posté Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 12:38 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
I dont have this exact controller, but only heard good things about it

Thank you...btw..:I take the chance to say thank you....A life ago I started digital DJing transitioning from vynils thanks to your tutorial !!!

Posté Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 12:43 pm
Kontrol S4 will never work with anything but Traktor.
It's due to it's communication protocol.
S4 MK2 is officially supported though.

Now, regarding DDJ-1000 I have used it a few times on small parties and it's a nice decent controller.
Integration with VirtualDJ is seemless and it's even "officially supported" by Pioneer.

Just remember, the effects are software (VirtualDJs own effects) and not hardware.

Posté Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 12:44 pm
gaijin72 wrote :

btw..take the chance to say thank you....A life ago I started digital DJing transitioning from vinyls thanks to your tutorial !!!

Happy to hear that ;-)
Can even use vinyls with VirtualDJ (DVS timecode) as a controller.. . Sooooo many options ;) hehe

Posté Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 1:33 pm
HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020

Posté Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 10:18 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)