Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Maximum # of listeners

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I see that default broadcastDirectMaxClient is set to 64 on Virtual DJ Pro. What is the maximum number of users that can tune in and is sound quality hampered the higher the number goes? Thanks

Posté Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 9:29 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Divide the upload speed of your connection by the quality you selected.
(broadcastDirectQuality low=128kbps, mid=192kbps, high=320kbps)
(and for your upload speed 1Mbps=1000kbps)

Posté Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 9:34 am
thanks so maximum number of listeners is not limited then? quality has nothing to do with the number of listeners? cheers

Posté Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 10:17 am
broadcastDirectMaxClient => sets max possible listeners

How many you can possibly set at broadcastDirectMaxClient depends on your internet connection upload speed. https://testmy.net/upload

To calculate max possible, divide the upload speed of your internet connection with the broadcast quality in VirtualDJ (broadcastDirectQuality ) ( 1Mbps=1000kbps)

Broadcast quality is part of the equation. You can go lower or higher quality as you choose, and that will also change the max possible listeners you can possibly set

So the highest theoretical value is:
Upload Speed (x1000) / broadcastDirectQuality = broadcastDirectMaxClient

Probably wise to not maximize it completely though, leave a little bit of headroom for the connection ;-)

Posté Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 11:19 am
many thanks guys, just tested it i've got an ideal number. i have a Shoutcast connection but just wanted to make sure i could use a direct connection with Virtual DJ in case of issues with the Shoutcast this Saturday as i'll be hosting a 'big' show...much appreciated, as always.

Posté Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 11:49 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)