Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Denon x1850 mixer and full 4 channel stem control
It seems to be arbitrary whether or not Virtual DJ will allow each channel eq knobs to control stems or if it forces this weird inner / outer thing with no choice. Even switching it in the setting after starting VDJ has no effect. Sometimes it takes over 40 tries to unplug a replug and launch and close VDJ and my equipment to have it give the option of unchecking the outer/inner option upon startup of VDJ. Once I get it to behave I can't close VDJ otherwise it defaults back to not allowing me to choose.

What do I do?
This is the undesired behaviour:

This is the desired behaviour:

Posté Tue 20 Apr 21 @ 1:23 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Not specific to x1850
I now got "Your controller is not midi..." without any controller (but fake freestyler MIDI detected)

Posté Tue 20 Apr 21 @ 1:41 am
Nicotux wrote :
Not specific to x1850
I now got "Your controller is not midi..." without any controller (but fake freestyler MIDI detected)

I'm not sure why this forum is hijack central, but this seems to be an unrelated issue to EQ knobs and stem control. Please start your own thread if this is correct or if you could add more information to clarify the related error you are receiving.

Posté Tue 20 Apr 21 @ 2:15 am
Ok, here's how I temporarily alleviated the issue. I am using BOTH USB ports on the x1850 out to the computer and using audio out from the mixer itself. This seems to be the only way to consistently be able to use stems via the EQ kowbs on all four channels without having to be forced into that inner/outer nonoption.

Posté Tue 20 Apr 21 @ 2:54 am
UPDATE:
Restarted VirtualDJ. Gone to shit again.
2 USBs no longer work. Its like it detects something and changes a config somewhere. Only will work once each time a new interface is detected. THIS NEEDS FIXED!!!

Posté Tue 20 Apr 21 @ 3:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I dont understand what's your issue.
The Denon X1850 applies its own hardware Equalizer and there is no firmware option to disable. If the VirtualDJ EQ (Stems) was applied, this would be on top of the hardware EQ and of course it wouldnt sound well.
This is the reason your only option is to use the outer Channels and apply VirtualDJ Stems on the 2 main decks. So, on the last pic you posted, you need to check the option "Keep frequencies EQs using mixer channel 3 &4 " and choose the outer or inner option.

Doesnt this work for you ?

Posté Tue 20 Apr 21 @ 4:00 am
djdad wrote :
I dont understand what's your issue.
The Denon X1850 applies its own hardware Equalizer and there is no firmware option to disable. If the VirtualDJ EQ (Stems) was applied, this would be on top of the hardware EQ and of course it wouldnt sound well.
This is the reason your only option is to use the outer Channels and apply VirtualDJ Stems on the 2 main decks. So, on the last pic you posted, you need to check the option "Keep frequencies EQs using mixer channel 3 &4 " and choose the outer or inner option.

Doesnt this work for you ?

Thanks for trying help out. I appreciate your reply.

The issue is that there isn't consistency upon relaunches. Sometimes it allows me to do exactly what I want. Other times it doesn't I don't change anything in between relaunches. It seems to mostly give me my picture of the inner/outer, but sometimes it gives me the other.

What I did so far is assign the ASIO denon driver to each deck 1-4, and the appropriate outs channels for each, and then remapped the EQ knobs to stems. Can't tell if it is applying EQ and stems control yet. So I guess thats something. :P

Posté Tue 20 Apr 21 @ 6:03 am
ffHome userMember since 2023
Having the exact same issue

Posté Sat 12 Aug 23 @ 12:11 am