Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet OBS audio routing issue vs Virtual DJ video stutter via broadcast
My setup is simple: laptop mac(Yosemite 10.10), virtual dj(infinity 8.5 b644), no controller nor a midi mixer at all (Internal mixer used), Intel HD 4000 1024mbs,

There are 2 significant Issues all stemming from broadcasting to Twitch.

1. Streaming Through Virtual DJ: video stutters(microsecond freezes a.k.a video is shaky), the audio remains clean and continuous without any stutter, not even sudden jumps to sync with video.....so it seems the video is the one trying to sync with the audio......which is okay for most people....unless your show is based on video mixing like me.
My vdj broadcast video settings are: broadcast video quality-low(480p), broadcast provider - 3 , video max memory - 768, video fps - 30
No overlay/effects used.
= stutter
Note: The stutter is on the twitch stream, not on my video monitor ie. The person receiving the stream sees it, but on my end I cant.
Internet is 20mbps.

The solution I got is to use 0BS, which removed that stutter/lag/jump but created an issue in itself

2.OBS Audio routing issue: I created a loopback(Rogue Amoeba app) device that picks sound from vdj and routes it to OBS as an input device which is really great BUT it comes along with the pre-fade-listen(headphone cue) which I don't want to go through the stream (as I pitch-bend or set up incoming mixes etc)

So my desire here is to send audio from vdj to OBS (without a controller or midi mixer) without the pre-fade listen reaching 0BS/being broadcasted finally to the viewer. This virtual dj does very well with the inbuilt broadcast feature(since the pre-fade-listen is muted in the broadcasted stream) but the shaky video issue on vdj is unsettling...very unsettling!

Any genius with a way to go about either of the 2 issues, i'll be grateful....very grateful!

Posté Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 3:14 am
So.... only right, I post my workaround.......first things first......vdj video broadcast still stutters.

After reaching out to Twitch support... it's an issue with how virtual Dj sends the keyframes to the twitch server...keyframe rate is too high... which creates an impression of more vivid frame-by-frame transitioning the video[stutter] but doesn't affect audio....that's why the video stutters, but the audio remains clean.

I hope Atomix works on that, anyway seems these days, my recommendations/requests from the team just end here.........

Nonetheless

Workaround: You need either Rogue Amoeba's Loopback or VB Virtual Audio cable (yes, they now support mac even the new M1...from 10.10....and it's free....https://vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm)

With VB audio, once you install the virtual cable.....you'll just go straight to vdj audio setup.....

Here is the workaround.......create 2 MASTER channels.......one sends to your preferred monitoring setup, say USB devices/TV/etc......the other MASTER sends to VB-Audio cable which will appear in the drop-down choice(since you've installed it).............then you can create another channel this time for HEADPHONES.....and select built-in output.......and this will be your pre-fade....audio will be sent through this channel once you click pfl on the vdj internal mixer......

IN OBS......this should now be straightforward.....create an audio input device....and source it from the VB-Audio cable.......

This will enable you to pre-fade listen without the pfl audio going to OBS....only audio sent is when you move the volume slider up................without a controller/mixer/ etc..............just the internal mixer in vdj

With Loopback....which I use(is not free, but if you have it)....you'll just create a loopback virtual device......and then replace loopback virtual device with VB audio cable in the above paragraph.

I hope those with this issue are helped.

As we wait to see if Atomix will put a video keyframe option for those who broadcast video

Posté Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 11:53 am
It looks like and sounds like your mac it not up to the job you are trying to do i.e video card memory could be the problem as it is trying to control the camera and the on screen graphics as I do'n't run a mac or laptops I run a dedicated desktop with built in intel hd graphics 2 cameras and have no problems

Posté Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 2:00 pm
Just to add make sure your o/s and video drivers are up to date and disable any apps that are running in the back ground that are not needed when streaming.

Posté Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 2:18 pm
Thank You very much for your input, DJ SKYLITE (I wish you had a mac so that we compare notes till this nightmare stops, also I don't run any camera, just straight FEED from vdj)

Yes, running a dedicated laptop seems like the best solution, but then that's another cost.

The mac is pretty not decent, I'll give you that, but with OBS, the video stream broadcast to twitch is all now smooth as ever in OBS.

I actually preferred stream straight from vdj.....but when viewers mention that stutter more than once, it's a problem.

Twitch support say its a KEYFRAME INTERVAL thing; it's what needs to be adjusted in whatever app I am streaming from in this case...vdj.........in other cases, stream lab obs, etc. Their recommended keyframe interval is 2.
Nowhere can this be adjusted in vdj (Note: this is not the same as fps)

In the new OBS...it can be set via Output> output mode to advanced (not simple) > you will see "rate control - "bitrate- and the "Keyframe interval" > set that to 2> and you are good to go.

In vdj, you cannot.

When the issue was happening, I was only running vdj alone; when video broadcasting from it, a matter of fact, I do a cleanup before broadcast: memory, temp files, repair disk permissions, clear caches, etc...........that's another reason I liked it, no other app was needed....straight click broadcast and focus on the video music...

Yes, my OS is not up to date, as earlier stated....10.10......I am not about to change due to some legacy apps I still rely on.
Also note right now, I am also running legacy OBS 22.03......and this is working well...as supposed to....just missing out on the new fancy features with the latest update.

So in conclusion.......hope this can be solved......I really don't want to use extra apps while video-streaming, but OBS (and an old version) here seems to be saving the day. (Nor do I want to introduce extra laptops, simple setup straight to streaming)

Note: This is a video-only issue; the sound is good while streaming from vdj

I hope the team will look into it; all my specs are above for beta testing.......

Posté Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 2:45 pm
Thank's mate that's why we are here on the forums to help each other out if we can hopefully the team can sort you out.

Posté Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 2:54 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why not use a LEGAL streaming service such as Mixcloud?

Posté Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 3:42 pm
DJ Timo31 wrote :
There are 2 significant Issues all stemming from broadcasting to Twitch.

Strange - I've been streaming directly from VDJ with custom settings (higher than yours) for some months now, and don't have any stuttering. Quite a lot going on graphically and it's all smooth. I'm on a PC though.

Posté Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 4:29 pm
@TVD UK...the topic here is Video Broadcasting......not legality....otherwise Atomix wouldn't even put the option of twitch.....let's remain on course.

Mixcloud would be great, but I am on affiliate status via Twitch heading to partner....shifting online communities is the last thing I would want to engage in.

But thanks for your input.

@GROOVINDJ ...yes it seems PC (especially high-end ones ) sail smooth...

Posté Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 5:18 pm