Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Search not finding tracks

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello. Long time no post. Getting back into DJing again after nine years absence from the scene.

Having a play with the latest version of VirtualDJ and finding that search isn't working. I look for a song and enter the song title or artist's name in the search field and most of the time nothing materialises, even though the at track is definitely on the drive.

I'm using Windows 10 now and I had the Windows Search (indexing) turned off, but I don't think that's got anything to do with this. Nothing has changed after reactivating it either.

I don't remember search not working in the past and I have memories of my laptop spending a minute or two indexing all the tracks on the drive immediately on powering up, but that's not happening anymore.

Can anybody throw any light on this? I'll bet it's something obvious.

Thanks.

John.

Posté Fri 02 Jul 21 @ 5:32 pm
You need to add the songs to the database for search to find.
Either visit the music folder (and they get auto added), or right-click the music folder(s) and choose "Batch=> add to search db"

Posté Fri 02 Jul 21 @ 6:08 pm
Thank you very much Rune. I knew it would be something obvious.

I'm still trying to remember if this add to dB was done automatically back in the version I used in 2012. I'm sure it was.

Posté Sat 03 Jul 21 @ 8:46 am
You can turn on automatic yes, its even default ..
But automatic just means that songs found in folders you visit will be automatically added....

So you would have to open the folders to add the songs, and if its a folder you keep adding new songs to, favorite / bookmark it so you can easily and fast revisit the folder...

In VirtualDJ check if autoSearchDB is on for this ;-)

Posté Sat 03 Jul 21 @ 1:36 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)