Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Black Friday is isn't one finally....
Hello community.
Before i start to write, i advise the community what i going to post is purely personal, i engage only my own point of view and this is not to get attention or trolling vdj software or team, so if you wake up on the wrong foot today or you feel like incapable to debate...don't read this and pass your way. ;)

Right, Black Friday, sweet name who inspire the possibilities to get a really good discount on products of any forms, gears, teddy bears, software, dildo, free diner and more....
This is the perfect day to see how the peoples stand more than 4-6 hours before the dawn (like cows going to the slaughtered house) front of various markets who give the opportunity (and drive crazy the basic consumer) to buy with more than -50%off and i'am sure everybody see these battles around a flat screen or a nutella jar to see who's going to win the precious graal or the famous one and only precious...(hi golum!).

In a way i'am like all these peoples and i love to buy products with a huge discount because like many of you i don't have millions to spend in the most expensive gears of the last 2k production software.
The fact is almost 80% of us look for the right deal at the right time because we want to get the thing we really need to work in peace without thinking.....ôôôhhhh sh.. i fu.... up i don't take a good look on that product before i buy it and it's not complete for my needs....and the black Friday gone...you're just good to cry one more year (i reality just a few, Black Friday happen every 4-6 months now).

That funny there nothing on the web site here....ok i'm wrong but not so much.
Yesterday on Instagram i take a look about the VDJ Black Friday.... 1 month of Pro subscription free if you buy 1 licence.
At the beginning i really take that for a joke but the first may is far and i really thought their Instagram account was pirated by someone who really love to prank peoples.
But no....it's a cold shower and in a same time the worst discount i ever seen so far. I'm not a pro of marketing or a master in the business plan but this offer is simply ridiculous and not attractive at all.

Let me explain why:
-First, majority of us works like DJs and event producers and we now perfectly how the business run and we're not enough ignorant to say: "wwhhooaa that and incredible offer" in fact for lot of us there's no Black Friday at all because we have already our license (Infinity, Pro or Home).
-Second, this offer is almost a non sense because when to get a new gear you can use it in pro for one month (except for the subscription for sure).
-Third, lot of us have a subscription plan in another platform like beatport, tidal etc... Not the subscription in vdj is not bad, far away from this, there's a good amount of choice, it's just not intuitive at all and there's no dedicated webpage for that, you must pass by the application to get the music, videos, karaoke (I subscribe before to the content unlimited audio), i prefer a dedicated webpage, more easy and intuitive....but that not the subject, sorry.

I don't know who leading the marketing department but their decision is completely unrealistic, you leave the controllerists, Home, pro, business and free users on the side of the road without the chance to get something really in the vein of the Black Friday.
I have some example of good discounts for the Black Friday:
-VirtualDj Pro subscription: -50% off for 3 months.
-VirtualDj Business subscription: -30% off for 3 months.
-VirtualDj Pro Infinity: -50% off for the lifetime license.
-VirtualDj Full Package Business: -30% off for 3 months.
-VirtualDj Home Plus: -50% off on all gears and controllers.

This kind of offer is completely relevant and fully attractive and leave nobody alone on this famous side of the desert road.
To finish, i get 2 important software for my work at -50% off for one and -70% off and that what i call a REAL BLACK FRIDAY!

-First is an important update of Sam Broadcaster because i run a web radio (https://spacial.com/black-friday-promotion-renewals/#existing-sam-product)

-The second is Movavi Unlimited for the livestream video edition of my webradio (https://www.movavi.com/suite-unlimited/#main)

I hope the marketing department here going to learn what is a real discount of a product a do really better next time.
Best regards, Aku Aku.

Posté Fri 26 Nov 21 @ 2:46 pm
Black Friday is a joke. An excuse for companies to get rid of out of date crap at the same price it's been most of the year anyway.

Atomix plainly aren't struggling with sales , so why discount to keep a few Americans happy?

The rest of the world couldn't care less. And they can take Halloween back too.

Posté Fri 26 Nov 21 @ 2:54 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Black Friday is a joke. An excuse for companies to get rid of out of date crap at the same price it's been most of the year anyway.

Atomix plainly aren't struggling with sales , so why discount to keep a few Americans happy?

The rest of the world couldn't care less. And they can take Halloween back too.

Dear Lord!, that was so funny

Posté Fri 26 Nov 21 @ 10:46 pm
upvote !
in belgium its 400 euro for all controllers.
virtual dj pls support your buyers!!
and block illegal market !!!

Posté Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 3:50 am
user24067368 wrote :
upvote !
in belgium its 400 euro for all controllers.
virtual dj pls support your buyers!!
and block illegal market !!!

Down vote from me.

I occasionally go round reporting crack downloads, but some of these have been up for a long time. Atomix probably view that as wack a mole. And if people want to risk downloading malware ( especially as variants can now survive a HD wipe and window reinstall) it's their gamble.

The cost is still 299usd from what I can see.
You do know that Serato DJ suite is 449 USD?

Its all been said before, but VDJ along with a handful of VSTs I own are rarely ever discounted, and for good reason. They are worth their fee especially considering it's a lifetime cost, like fruityloops.
VDJ also doesn't need the nonsense discount marketing, as demonstrated above in the OPs two product examples.
Also if they started discounting then that would kill mid year revenue streams and perhaps net an overall lower amount.

Posté Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 7:28 am
I tried and tried to read the original post... but all I could come up with after I gave up was:

Please kids, DON'T do drugs. Just say "No!"

Posté Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 7:41 am
sofitLE userMember since 2008
Тогда проводите лотерею с раздачей ключей infinity pro среди купивших home версию. Хотя бы один ключ в год, это уже для некоторых Надежда и стимул к покупке home версии.
This is followed by a lottery with the distribution of Infinity Pro keys among those who bought the home version. At least one key per year, this is already hope for some and an incentive to buy a home version.

Posté Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 2:49 pm
Vdj is already great value

Just buy the full package, I did about 8 years ago, and every update since then has been free

Compare that to other software, I run spark booth for the photo kiosk, I have just replaced the pc, I needed to download and re install, I have the pro dslr version 5, my licensing only works with the version that was current when I purchased it, so to move to version 8, I need to pay about 70% of the new price again

Posté Sun 23 Oct 22 @ 6:39 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
It's worth every penny to me.

Posté Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 4:20 am