Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Funtionality Questions
Hello everyone, I had a few questions for those of you that are more experienced with VirtualDJ.

Before I get into Virtual DJ I wanted to make sure that I can achieve the results I want. Problem is, I don't plan on using it in the "orginally intended" manner, so experimenting with it or reading up on it might take a bit longer than I would prefer. Essentially I'm looking for some software that allows me to have real time control of multiple music tracks, audio assets and effects.

I plan on using it for a role-playing game I am hosting. Previously, transitioning between music was very immersion breaking, which is where I got the idea to get some DJ software. Now, I'm not a DJ by any means, nor have I had experience with similar software. So I'm simply assuming when I ask if VirtualDJ has this music track transition I am hoping for.

The other features I wanted to ask about were audio assets and effects. For example, I would love to have a asset for a "Dragon Roar" for example, which I can play on the spot whenever my players encounter a dragon. Or maybe add a reverb effect to the music I am playing whenever they enter a cave.

Is any of what I've mentioned, possible? Or am I mistaken?

Thanks in advance.

Posté Thu 24 Feb 22 @ 10:18 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'd say that would be feasible, situational music in a playlist and then sound fx on the sampler.
you could even have "dice rolls" with the software [play says "stop"]. with appropriate soundfx for the result, of course this would require slight deviation from your usual tutorials.

Posté Thu 24 Feb 22 @ 10:29 am
Thanks, I really appreciate the answer.

Posté Thu 24 Feb 22 @ 10:36 am