Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Controller Script Edit
J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019
I have a DDJ 400 that I use sometimes and for the FX select button, I would like it only to select the effects I choose from the documents folder not all of them. This is the script ..var '$DDJ400_FXASSIGN' 1 ? deck left effect_select +1 : var '$DDJ400_FXASSIGN' 2 ? deck right effect_select +1 : deck master effect_select +1.

Could someone help me modify this script for the deck effects? Like maybe add the folder i would like the FX selection to be from? I would like to limit the effects it selects for the decks without having to remove all the effects from the doc folder as I want them in there for the master etc. Thanks!

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 10:35 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 10:43 am
Thanks!..however im still not sure where (what parameter it applies to below) and how exactly to put the folder or location (the 'list') where the FX's are housed to be selected.

effect_select
[1st optional param is slot number]
[Alternative 1st param can be "video" in quotes to change in the video fx slot]
[2nd optional param is fx name in " "s]
[Alternative 2nd param can be a number, 0 will take you to the very first fx you have in your list, 1 will go to the last fx, if you include a + or - it will move from the current position]
Example effect_select 3 +1, move down the list 1 item for slot 3

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 12:22 pm
nothing to do with location, in fact naitive fx [in built, don't truly have a location on the hdd, its just made to look that way in app] you'd be querying name

I can't help you until after you've composed a list of all your desired effects and shown a list of it [specifically showing the first and last fx name]

http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/decksadvanced/effects.html
pay attention to moving fx

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 1:25 pm
ohh..okay...thanks!.i thought since i was moving the fx's into a specific folder i would be referencing that in the script as the location somehow....the Fxs i want are Filter, Noise, Echo, Loop Roll, Reverb and Scratch DNA ...from first to last...not sure why order is relevant cause it scrolls..but idk...any order would be okay i think.

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 1:48 pm
ok, so move all other fx you have to an "ignore folder" or "not on deck folder" like in the moving fx section and then share a screenshot of your effect_select pop up here

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 1:51 pm
Thanks!...Here are the ones but the scroll goes into all the folders unless the dropdown list is open, I was wanting to avoid having to open the drop down list. Was also wondering where the color effects are located? Would be nice to have a custom button to scroll through those as well without having to use a mouse. This controller doesn't have the option to select. Thanks for your help!

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 2:38 pm
ok so you have only a button on the ddj400 for fx select, you won't need the list open

var '$DDJ400_FXASSIGN' 1 ? deck left effect_select 'scratch dna' ? deck left effect_select 'echo' : deck left effect_select +1 : var '$DDJ400_FXASSIGN' 2 ? deck right effect_select 'scratch dna' ? deck right effect_select 'echo' : deck right effect_select +1 : effect_select 'scratch dna' ? effect_select 'echo' : 
deck master effect_select 'scratch dna' ? deck master effect_select 'echo' : deck master effect_select +1

looks long but the really meat of it is

effect_select 'scratch dna' ? effect_select 'echo' : effect_select +1

is dna on slot, yes jump to echo, no dna isn't on slot move down list,
the filler is repetition for decks & master

you could do similar for colour fx but there are other ways too [like 4 slots for them perdeck] depends on you & what buttons you choose.
native fx don't have a location, just a shortcut to the fx in the app [looks and acts like a location but is just in the app]

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 4:35 pm
Awesome!..thank you!

Posté Wed 13 Apr 22 @ 12:24 pm