Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Keyboard Mapping
davegugPRO InfinityMember since 2015
A friend of mine uses a particular keyboard mapping technique in his setup and I would like to add it into my setup. His rig is setup so that when SHIFT+< or SHIFT+> are pressed, it will automatically load the selected song into the proper deck, and start playing with a fairly quick crossfade.

I have been able to access my Custom Keyboard Mapping options screen and select the automix and the mix_now_nosync sections. However, I have been unable to enter the SHIFT+VKEY_47 string into the Key box.

I wanted to include a screenshot of the correct settings of my friend's setup for reference, but I'm unable to insert it in this message. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Posté Sun 05 Jun 22 @ 6:18 pm
SHIFT+VKEY_47 is something that you saw on your friends machine ?

VKEY_X stands for "Virtual" KEY X
And in this case it means it's not one of the standard keys on a typical 101keys keyboard layout, but a "special" key.
You own keyboard may or may not have this key, or it's number may be different.

In order to use a key that VirtualDJ understands just click on the KEY box, and press the key combination you want to use.
Don't try to type inside it. Just hold down SHIFT button on your keyboard and press the desired key.
VirtualDJ will detect which key combination has been used.
If it doesn't (key button just says SHIFT) then that particular button/combo cannot be used as it's a special button that doesn't send keystrokes.
In that case, just use another key combo

PS:
SHIFT + < and SHIFT + > are actually
SHIFT + , and SHIFT + . keys

It uses SHIFT + not shifted key/symbol
So it's SHIFT + [ and NOT SHIFT + {
SHIFT + 9 and NOT SHIFT + (
e.t.c.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 22 @ 7:39 am