Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Are query parameters possible with faders, knobs, and jog wheels?
After many hours of pulling my hair out, I've discovered that the value of knobs, sliders, jog wheels, etc. always propagates throughout the entire script as a "default" parameter.

So for example, if the track select knob has the script debug, then it will either output +1 or -1 when rotated.

The problem is this makes even the most basic queries impossible, because the return value of a query will be overriden by the value of the knob, slider, or jog wheel. Even this example cited right in the official documentation fails to work with the track select knob on my Numark NDX-500:

pitch_range & param_cast "percentage" & debug

This script will never output the pitch range of the deck, but rather `1.00%` or `-1.00%` which reflects the rotation of the track select knob expressed as a percentage. In contrast, when this script is added to an ordinary button, like PLAY, then it outputs the pitch range just as one would expect.

I feel like I must be be missing something, because there's no way this could be a bug. Yet despite reading the documentation twice over and attempting every conceivable workaround, I can't find any explanation for this undocumented behavior. Maybe I just don't understand how queries work.

Please, can someone shed a light on this mystery?

Posté Fri 10 Jun 22 @ 10:51 pm
After doing some more research, I found this in the Wiki:

Quote :
When a command is used as an action for a slider (or knob, jogwheel, etc), the value of the slider will be added as an implicit parameter.

If you have a macro with several commands, each commands will have the implicit parameter added.

Evidently it's a "feature" that the parameters are injected into all commands, and there is no way to prevent that behavior. And although it's mentioned elsewhere in these forums that the keyword "value" does so, I can't get it to work as described. Even stranger still is why such a claim is being quoted as coming from the wiki, despite being nowhere in the wiki:

Quote :
If you want to prevent the implicit parameter to act on some commands, you can use the keyword "value" to specify where the implicit parameter should go.

I see that someone else reported having this exact same problem back in 2019 and was also running around in circles just like me trying to find a workaround. However, not a single person was able to provde a reasonable solution, so the post just went dead.

TOPIC: VirtualDJ - Help with implicit parameters and set_cue

Quote :
The problem is that the encoder value becomes an implicit parameter to set_cue, thus the cue only gets set to +/- 1 (beat).

I see in this post a suggestion that using the value keyword somewhere in the command will prevent the parameter from being used implicitly elsewhere. I can't find any reference to this behavior anywhere else though and it doesn't seem to work as such.

Posté Sat 11 Jun 22 @ 3:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you give an example of something specific you'd like to do?

Posté Sat 11 Jun 22 @ 5:19 am