Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Advanced EQ + 4 Decks w/ Deck Toggle
Hi, whenever I load deck 3/4 on my DDJ-FLX6 (4-deck controller), the advanced EQ mapping seems to change. Let me explain precisely what I mean.

When I only have decks 1/2 loaded, I have the following columns on my mixer:

Deck 3 Mixer: Deck 1 Vocals, Instrument, Beat
Deck 1 Mixer: Deck 1 High, Mid, Low
Deck 2 Mixer: Deck 2 High, Mid, Low
Deck 4 Mixer: Deck 2 Vocals, Instrument, Beat

However, say I load up decks 3 and 4 as well. Regardless of which deck I have selected, the mapping becomes this regardless of which deck I have selected:

Deck 3 Mixer: Deck 3 High, Mid, Low
Deck 1 Mixer: Deck 1 High, Mid, Low
Deck 2 Mixer: Deck 2 High, Mid, Low
Deck 4 Mixer: Deck 4 High, Mid, Low

Is there any way I can keep the advanced EQ mode and have it be active for the currently active deck? So for instance, if I select Deck 4, I would expect the following:

Deck 3 Mixer: ...
Deck 1 Mixer: ...
Deck 2 Mixer: Deck 4 High, Mid, Low
Deck 4 Mixer: Deck 4 Vocals, Instrument, Beat

Posté Mon 03 Oct 22 @ 1:21 pm
No.
As soon as you load decks 3 & 4, your EQ knobs on the controller can only control one function (either traditional EQ or stems).

Posté Mon 03 Oct 22 @ 8:47 pm
Thanks for the response. I don't see a way to workaround this in the controller interface either (the EQ is abstracted to just 3 inputs without a deck).

The main time I am interested in using the stems is typically in a 3 deck situation where I am mixing out of a track into a new one, and then bringing in some acapella / portion of another track during a breakdown of the new track. After the original track finishes, I typically would want to load up the next track there, so again I'm in a 3 deck situation until I am done with the acapella (and might not be till I want to start to mix the next track in)

I suppose I could use the pad stems features where it just cuts 100% out instead of relying on the mixer, but this also gives me alot less control if I want to do a double drop after the breakdown and smoothly bring back the instrumentals in one track right before both tracks drop.

Posté Mon 03 Oct 22 @ 11:38 pm
you could just use the stem pads

Posté Mon 03 Oct 22 @ 11:52 pm
wickedmix wrote :
you could just use the stem pads

True, but this limits you from being able to bring that track back in smoothly, at least without using a fourth track. Some tracks line up perfectly where you can layer the breakdowns and then mix back into a double drop.

I hadn't really thought about using the fourth track honestly, but it seems like it would totally solve my problem. It would be nice if we had more flexibility over the mixer modes though when using more than two decks though, but more or less I consider my own problem solved. Honestly I love VirtualDJ, especially coming from other software, always a way to do what you need.

Posté Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 11:48 pm