Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet New to karaoke. Will be using Virtual DJ.
Someone asked me to do karaoke and I've been thinking about adding it as a regular service. Great to see that Virtual DJ has this covered!

I have been familiarising myself with the screen layouts and having a play with the various settings. I reinstated the crossfader as (I think) this is essential for the cross-fading of videos, though I am not a fan of crossfaders as I always catch them when I don't need to! Although maybe I don't absolutely need to use this. I am still trying to work it all out.

I haven't found a way to remove the subtitles at the bottom of the screen yet. I get the name of the song appearing when it's not necessary at all. I'm sure I'll come across that one in the settings sooner or later.

Also, I haven't been able to find the twin cue screens (which appear in some Youtube videos) just below the main output window.

I guess it goes without saying that I need to enable my laptop to output to a seconds screen, for obvious reasons. Presume this is the usual way of doing karaoke. !!

Some pretty dim questions above no doubt as this is a completely new learning curve for me, but I don't see any major problems ahead as I have become very familiar with Virtual DJ over the years at regular gigs.

So, can somebody point me in the direction of any useful tuitional videos for the setting up of Virtual DJ with karaoke? In all the videos I've found on Youtube, none really offer what I am looking for. I need a no-nonsense presentation which covers everything concisely. Thanks for any help.

Posté Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 10:54 am
How do I get the two karaoke video PFL cue windows?

In some videos I see they replace the turntables, as in the attached image. In others, they appear below the main output window.

Thanks.

Posté Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 6:15 pm