Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Mapping Specific VST function to Effect Slider
shaq897PRO InfinityMember since 2022
Hello,

I am having trouble trying to research how to do the following function. I have loaded in a VST plugin called Deelay. It has mapped a control from the vst to the effect slider 1 knob that I do not want to use which is called Tape. I would like to have the Wet knob mapped. How can I change which knob in the VST gets mapped to the effects_slider 1 knob specifically just for this vst and does not effect other plugins when I change it out?

Posté Mon 23 Jan 23 @ 4:51 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
effect_select Y EFFECTNAME ? effect_slider Y EFFECTNAME X : effect_slider Y 1
x being slider number. y being effect slot

Posté Mon 23 Jan 23 @ 5:56 am
locodog wrote :
effect_select Y EFFECTNAME ? effect_slider Y EFFECTNAME X : effect_slider Y 1
x being slider number. y being effect slot

I can not seem to get this to change anything. Have you tired this yourself with a VST plugin? No matter what I enter for a number the knob is not changing to a different setting of the vst plugin.

Posté Tue 24 Jan 23 @ 3:06 am
show me your script.

Posté Tue 24 Jan 23 @ 3:32 am
locodog wrote :
show me your script.

effect_select 1 "deelay" ? effect_slider 1 "deelay" 2 : effect_slider 1 1

I've tried switching out that "2" in every spot and no change in virtual dj changing from "tape" to any other setting within the Deelay VST plugin. I am also not trying to assign a key to this so that box is left blank as my FLX4 controller is already mapped. The software does not show anything changing out the effect parameter after I hit save. So again when I load the VST called "Deelay" it loads to parameters, one called Tape and the other called Diffusio. I want to change what auto maps to those two knobs. I want to remove Tape and have the Wet ratio auto load to that first knob. I hope that made sense and I appreciate your help with this.

Posté Tue 24 Jan 23 @ 10:42 pm
yeah the skin will show what it is written to show, effect_slider 1 1, unless you edit the skin.
try testing with the custom slider.
the script is good.

Posté Tue 24 Jan 23 @ 10:50 pm
locodog wrote :
yeah the skin will show what it is written to show, effect_slider 1 1, unless you edit the skin.
try testing with the custom slider.
the script is good.

I am really wishing this was a feature now so this could be much easier to swap out. Do you know how I could edit the main skin to make that adjustment so that it shows what I want for those two knobs per changing each different VST and us this one for an example. I would like to do this so I have a visual aid. Thanks

Posté Wed 25 Jan 23 @ 12:20 am
there's like +500 points to check in just the default pro skin.
find 1 1, 1 2, 2 1, 2 2, 3 1, 3 2, 4 1, 5 1, 6 1
and consider does the script need changing

not difficult but laborious, probably could regex it.
I do edits like this for a beer donation for my time.

Posté Wed 25 Jan 23 @ 6:41 am
or if you're windows you could use a virtualfx
map your wanted dials to dials 1 & 2 on the virtualfx

Posté Wed 25 Jan 23 @ 9:49 am
I've looked at this, partly because I've worked on the idea in the past [just didn't check every detail]
for a skin edit [default:pro] it's 720 edits, that needs "1 fx panel" tweaking as not including slot needed regex I couldn't work out, but after the 80 or so simple edits I could regex the changes needed pretty quickly.
I half checked performance skin, that's 500 edits but it looks like it's easier as everything includes the slot.

long story short; vitualfx is the easy way, to regex it; it'd take me longer to explain than just do it

after fixing 1fx panel, this finds everything
(\w+[ ]?)?(?!effect_active)(?!effect_select)(?!effect_name)(?!effect_show_gui)effect_(\w+)( \d)( \d)( \d\.\d)?( 'active'.{15})?

and you replace with something like this, N being your new slider number
effect_select$3 thing ? $1effect_$2 thing N$5$6 : $1effect_$2$3$5$6

but this is general, it needs one pass for 4th capture as "1" and another as that capture as "2" to be done right.

easiest is virtualfx, if you're windows.

Posté Wed 25 Jan 23 @ 10:28 pm
locodog wrote :
I've looked at this, partly because I've worked on the idea in the past [just didn't check every detail]
for a skin edit [default:pro] it's 720 edits, that needs "1 fx panel" tweaking as not including slot needed regex I couldn't work out, but after the 80 or so simple edits I could regex the changes needed pretty quickly.
I half checked performance skin, that's 500 edits but it looks like it's easier as everything includes the slot.

long story short; vitualfx is the easy way, to regex it; it'd take me longer to explain than just do it

after fixing 1fx panel, this finds everything
(\w+[ ]?)?(?!effect_active)(?!effect_select)(?!effect_name)(?!effect_show_gui)effect_(\w+)( \d)( \d)( \d\.\d)?( 'active'.{15})?

and you replace with something like this, N being your new slider number
effect_select$3 thing ? $1effect_$2 thing N$5$6 : $1effect_$2$3$5$6

but this is general, it needs one pass for 4th capture as "1" and another as that capture as "2" to be done right.

easiest is virtualfx, if you're windows.

Wow! This is way more involved and complicated to me than I thought. I’ll have to put this in the request section as a please make this easily changeable to the end user. I appreciate your help looking into this but I’ll have to sadly ignore the vat option unless I can see the effect parameter I want to change easily applied to those first two knobs.

Posté Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 12:05 am
virtualfx is a work around with no real downsides [ if you're windows] I'll talk you thru that.
Skin edit, like I said, a few beers donation and I could make it for you before the weekend.
a wish like this... unlikely to be dev'd for months [if not years] it would need things [interfaces] inventing and I've been here 9 years and I've seen the request 4 times, 1 was me, 1 was you.
If you want something custom now, then you need to make it or get it made, I've made a thing and less than a week later atomix ran with my idea, I made a thing and a couple of years later they made[recreated] my idea. [they have their own timeline]

Posté Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 12:42 am
locodog wrote :
virtualfx is a work around with no real downsides [ if you're windows] I'll talk you thru that.
Skin edit, like I said, a few beers donation and I could make it for you before the weekend.
a wish like this... unlikely to be dev'd for months [if not years] it would need things [interfaces] inventing and I've been here 9 years and I've seen the request 4 times, 1 was me, 1 was you.
If you want something custom now, then you need to make it or get it made, I've made a thing and less than a week later atomix ran with my idea, I made a thing and a couple of years later they made[recreated] my idea. [they have their own timeline]

Thanks but it’s ok. I am on Mac and I would be looking at playing with several different VSTs to play around with different ideas and if I can’t simply swap out the options for those knobs easily myself then I don’t want to start down a path where I’m tinkering with the software more than actually using it.

Posté Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 1:47 am
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
locodog wrote :
I've seen the request 4 times, 1 was me, 1 was you

+1 me

I'ts funny having vst support but if we cannot easily map or having a function like a drop picker for knobs or sliders or a function like FL Studio that link the last tweaked knob to something.

Posté Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 2:10 pm