Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet folders and history disappeared i need help to fix asap!
i was on with Apple support today to clean up my designated Mac book pro that i use only for dj'ing and karaoke events. (OS is ventura 13.0.1)
the apple tech noticed that the virtual dj info was in my document folder and moved it to my applications folder. when i opened the program all my custom folders were gone so was my gig history and i had to recurse my entire collection. i still have all the files..the program is just not reading them....i am on a monthly subscription by the way. How can i get this back to normal? thank you in advance for any help..i have many gigs coming up and fixing this will be a big stress relief. Thank you.

Posté Thu 09 Feb 23 @ 11:36 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
undo what they did. And then berate them for thinking they own your machine, their job is to keep it going, not pass some apple virginity test.

Posté Thu 09 Feb 23 @ 11:51 pm
davidswirsky wrote :
i was on with Apple support today to clean up my designated Mac book pro that i use only for dj'ing and karaoke events. (OS is ventura 13.0.1)
the apple tech noticed that the virtual dj info was in my document folder and moved it to my applications folder. when i opened the program all my custom folders were gone so was my gig history and i had to recurse my entire collection. i still have all the files..the program is just not reading them....i am on a monthly subscription by the way. How can i get this back to normal? thank you in advance for any help..i have many gigs coming up and fixing this will be a big stress relief. Thank you.

Posté Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 10:06 am
Sorry, not been on the forums for a while, didn't mean to copy and paste the o/p. Did you get any joy with this? Upgrading VDJ had bad results for me, the first issue in a long long time.

Dj 2023 -i b7462 loses all my settings, my skin, playlists and even history.

Restoring to an old backup v8.5 b7183 restores access to playlists, skin, folders etc

I'm going to jump on this thread if I may. Upgrading to Dj 2023 -i b7462 loses all my settings, my skin, playlists, and even history.

Restoring to an old backup v8.5 b7183 restores access to playlists, skin, folders, etc

Obviously, I'm adding a duplicate of a working 'Virtual DJ' folder to my 'documents' after I've reinstalled the older version.

I'm on a Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 running Ventura 13.0.1

Any help would be appreciated please :)

Posté Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 10:08 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You might have had a settings.xml in Application Support as well.
After updating and opening VDJ, open settings and go to Options, then click the cog wheel in the right-bottom corner.
If this opens the VirtualDJ in Application Support, close VDJ, then either remove the VirtualDJ folder in Application Support, or move the VirtualDJ folder from your Documents folder there, and then restart virtualdj.

Posté Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 11:35 am