Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet help mapping samples on controller.
Hi I'm brand new to VDJ and am attempting to map out a controller for running karaoke.
I' having a bit of trouble setting up the sampler/pads the way I want it.
I wanted to set up a bank with both the provided samples and new ones I imported- but when I go to add the imports I can't get them to show up in the pad shortcuts- when I go to the full sampler window on the bottom right I see them all in the same bank but not in the little mini trigger area by the deck- I can only get that space to show the first two samples and two blank spaces.
An option I considered was to locate the original supplied sample in the program files and uploading it in my own pad bank but Im having no luck finding it-
After resigning myself to having to switch between two pad banks, I started trying to configure my controller to trigger samples. The controller I have (maudio xsessionpro) does not have a dedicated pad area so I figured I'd reassign the headphone buttons to trigger the samples. I succeeded in getting one to trigger the first sample in whatever pad bank is selected, but I'd like to specify one button for a sample from one bank and the second for a different sample in a different bank-
is this possible? To route the buttons to a specific sample in a specific bank instead of just the "selected sample? Or are both decks stuck using the same sampler bank because the sampler functions across the program on one bank? Honestly though this whole things kind of a cluster fuck because I'm having a problem even specifying which sample I want on either button even from the same bank- I seem to only be able to get the selected sample to play.
If you can make anything of what I'm trying to say, any type of help or suggestions you can offer would be huge.
I'm having quite a time navigating this especially when I'm coming upon like syntax command stuff- I am almost as close to computer illiterate as a millennial can be so please assume I know nothing.

Posté Fri 24 Mar 23 @ 6:24 am
user26955607 wrote :
I'd like to specify one button for a sample from one bank and the second for a different sample in a different bank-
is this possible? To route the buttons to a specific sample in a specific bank instead of just the "selected sample? Or are both decks stuck using the same sampler bank because the sampler functions across the program on one bank?

YES, There can be be only ONE active sampler bank, as you have found.
(possibly someday one may have access to 2 sampler banks, so the right deck and left deck could access different banks)

There are probably many ways to accomplish what you wish.

1) The easiest (and recommended) would to be create a new sampler bank with the samples that you like:

See the manual for creating banks, and adding and removing samples:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/browser/sideview/sampler/index.html#addsample

2) Could script the sampler pads with the full path of the desired sample.
sampler_pad "c:\yourpath\morepath\mysample.vdjsample"

3) could try to script each button with a script like:
sampler_bank "drums" & sampler_pad 4 

and
sampler_bank "fav" & sampler_pad 2 

to play play sample 4 from one bank and sample 2 from another

Method 1 recommend.
since this will allow you to easily use your changes both with the software (sampler) and on your controller's decks.

Posté Fri 24 Mar 23 @ 8:55 am