Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Any entries missing in the Pioneer DDJ-RZ definition file?
Hi,

I received a Pioneer DDJ-RZ yesterday and was trying to copy the custom mapping done for my DDJ-RZX into the DDJ-RZ as well. Unfortunately I couldn't finish it because it seems that some entries are missing in the DDJ-RZ definition file:

LED_SHIFT_PFL_MASTER

LED_SHIFT_FX1_BEAT_UP

LED_SHIFT_FX2_BEAT_UP

I kindly ask our great Team if it is possible to fix the definition file of the DDJ-RZ.

Thanks for your attention and support.

Posté Sat 29 Apr 23 @ 6:48 pm
There was a typo on definition and it has been fixed for next update. This will provide both LED_SHIFT_FX1_BEAT_UP and LED_SHIFT_FX2_BEAT_UP keys.
However, DDJ-RZ does not offer any MIDI control over the PFL_MASTER or SHIFT_PFL_MASTER buttons LED.
The LED of the button is controlled by the device firmware in both normal and SHIFT modes.
So, there's no way for us to add control for it.

Posté Mon 01 May 23 @ 7:54 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
There was a typo on definition and it has been fixed for next update. This will provide both LED_SHIFT_FX1_BEAT_UP and LED_SHIFT_FX2_BEAT_UP keys.
However, DDJ-RZ does not offer any MIDI control over the PFL_MASTER or SHIFT_PFL_MASTER buttons LED.
The LED of the button is controlled by the device firmware in both normal and SHIFT modes.
So, there's no way for us to add control for it.

Thanks George,
then I'll use the shift with the seq play key to map the start of the shaders in the master video output but it's still very useful for me to be able to map the other two LEDs that had the keystroke error.
Thanks so much for the support.

Posté Mon 01 May 23 @ 11:42 pm
Well it's actually strange that nobody noticed the typo all these years, including myself, as DDJ-RZ is my personal controller of choice since it's release!

Anyway, the update is on it's way!

Posté Tue 02 May 23 @ 12:29 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Well it's actually strange that nobody noticed the typo all these years, including myself, as DDJ-RZ is my personal controller of choice since it's release!

Anyway, the update is on it's way!

I noticed the error because I mapped the fx1 assign, fx2 assign keys, the relative shifts and the relative LEDs in the RZX obtaining the direct stems function as in the buttons of the FLX-10 and with the shift the activation of the vst rmx-1000 and rmx-500. I bought a used RZ last week instead of the SX2, I wanted a copy of the RZX but a little smaller and transportable, I was recompiling all the custom mapping done in the RZX in the RZ so I could see the lack of the two commands.
Thanks again for the update George, too bad it didn't fix the FX releases issue in the RZX and we couldn't do a few small tweaks to improve the screens by adding some more track information when working in video but you always do great work for us!

My best regards.

Posté Tue 02 May 23 @ 1:00 am