Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Recommendations for syncing a performance laptop with desktop studio machine
dj kkfmPRO InfinityMember since 2023
At home, when practicing and preparing songs and sets, I use a powerful desktop system. Then I'd like to use my laptop when I play out. I know I can use the backup/restore to move my setup from one machine to another, but I'm curious if anyone else does this and has a better process. For simplicity, I plan to never move changes from the laptop back to the desktop machine, it'll always be desktop to laptop. Ideally, I'd like some way to just export a single playlist or folder to the laptop with all of the associated data, cues, grids, etc.

Posté Sat 13 May 23 @ 2:27 pm
Just use Synchredible and a portable drive. You can include or exclude any file or folder or be selective say if you don't want the settings on the laptop to be overridden.

Just take over what you want from the VDJ home folder. If the database is copied over it contains all the cues etc.

I've been doing this for years and it works perfectly.

Posté Sat 13 May 23 @ 2:40 pm
dj kkfmPRO InfinityMember since 2023
kradcliffe wrote :
Just use Synchredible and a portable drive. You can include or exclude any file or folder or be selective say if you don't want the settings on the laptop to be overridden.

Just take over what you want from the VDJ home folder. If the database is copied over it contains all the cues etc.

I've been doing this for years and it works perfectly.

Thanks for the pointers. I set up something similar to what you recommended and it worked pretty good. My old laptop isn't powerful enough for real-time stems so I had to go back and prepare all the stem files but once I got everything synced, it worked great.

Thanks again.

Posté Mon 15 May 23 @ 4:38 pm
I do exactly the same, create the stems on my home machine to a dedicated folder then sync them across to my gig machine. Works perfectly.

Posté Mon 15 May 23 @ 9:32 pm