Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet In ear monitors, what you all using?
OK, so I was thinking of some in ear monitors with active noise cancellation.

Anything budget is going to be bluetooth, so I am worried that the latency is going to be poor

Looking at some mackie's around the £150 Mark, but they are still bluetooth

What are you all using

Posté Sat 24 Jun 23 @ 5:17 pm
Mine are KZ ZS10 (wired) from Amazon. Really good, considering they're not expensive.

No noise cancelling, but with them in, you don't hear much outside noise anyway.

Posté Sat 24 Jun 23 @ 7:17 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
sureview wrote :

Anything budget is going to be bluetooth, so I am worried that the latency is going to be poor

Warning: Bluetooth headphones will have a signal delay, so you'll have trouble synchronizing your tracks.

Posté Sat 24 Jun 23 @ 11:06 pm
LIMOL wrote :
sureview wrote :

Warning: Bluetooth headphones will have a signal delay, so you'll have trouble synchronizing your tracks.

My point exactly 🤔

Posté Sun 25 Jun 23 @ 4:29 am
I don't think "active" noise cancelation makes any real difference for DJ IEMs
After all, they are IN EAR monitors and their passive noise cancelation is pretty good to start with.

Personally I was using some Pioneer IEMs from 2015 until recently. This year I have switched to Shure SE215 and I'm pretty happy with them.
I also considered to get the higher model (SE415 I think) but for now SE215 fills my needs perfectly.

PS: I use a "cheap" wireless IEM transmitter and I don't have latency issues. However the "cheap" transmitter can saturate frequencies lower than 40/50 Hz at higher volumes. So, in my case, my next step is to change the "cheap" transmitter to a better one. I'm looking at some Shure transmitters at the moment, but I have not decided yet.

Posté Mon 26 Jun 23 @ 9:53 am
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
I want to try the KZ ZS10, but right now I'm using ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB. It use to be on sale, but it isn't anymore. The bass sounds good and they do get loud with a headphone pre-amp and amplifier.

Posté Mon 26 Jun 23 @ 10:56 am