Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Hard drives not showing File Recovery Software Recommendation???
Wanting to go back into DJing so I got my old stuff out. Have 2x 3TB hard drives where I had one a mirror of the other, just in case! Connected them both up via a powered usb3 hub and the while doing something else the electricity tripped and... yes it did them both!

Its happened in ther past but this time did both! Drives not present in file manager but I can see them both in disk management and have downloaded a couple of recovery programs but cant remember what I used to use? And it did happen occasionally back then so 'had' everything ready. The files are there as I checked and the new 4TB SSD came yesterday so ready to start the first recovery process.... think its a couple of days with all the data on them...

Any recommendations please of software for file recovery? Preferably free if possible but dont mind paying if its going to be good....
In the past 10 years things have changed so much IT wise and now with windows 11, I am getting a bit lost as its all changed and I was always pretty good at stuff like this but not had to do it for years...

Any help would be appreciated?

Posté Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 9:37 am
Pretty sure Recuva still has a free version, not sure if any limitations though.

Posté Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 9:52 am
That was it.... it worked perfectly back then and remember the yellow hard hat.

thanks my friend.... Knew someone on here would know and sure I had bought the full one back then but it was a lot cheaper lol

Posté Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 10:16 am
I'm gonna be straight up... Don't use software, instead use an M.2 MVmE, or SSD duplicator. You will be seriously happy you did. (yeah good ones are $100)

Posté Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 7:41 pm