Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet resetPitchOnLoad=no is no longer respected (v2023-b7651)
I noticed that VirtualDJ v2023-b7651 no longer respects resetPitchOnLoad=no - the deck's pitch is always reset regardless of this setting.

I confirmed it with the DDJ-1000 and the DJM-S11 using DVS.

Posté Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 3:30 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
seems ok here without dvs, might be just dvs related

Posté Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 4:58 am
Seems to work fine here too

Posté Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 6:22 am
So I'm not sure what could have changed on my end...all I did was upgrade VirtualDJ to the identified build when prompted (both the DDJ 1000 and S11 with DVS, and even just doing a load on a deck with non-zero pitch value without with any controller connected shows the problem on my end).
Is there any other setting that could affect pitch slider behaviour like that?

Other settings I have setup (but didn't change for as long as I can remember setting them up):

• controllerTakeoverModePitch=Pickup
  • timecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend=Yes

I'm on a M1 MacBook Pro (2020), 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, majority of the music collection on an external SSD (I'm skeptical those specs should matter in this case)

Posté Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 1:07 pm
as a quick check of the settings.xml file ..

1) w VDJ off.. rename the settings.xml file in your home folder
(found by clicking the gear lower right in options tab)

2) restart VDJ and test
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
doing a load on a deck with non-zero pitch value without with any controller connected shows the problem
(resetPitchOnLoad = NO is the default and should be already set as you wish)

3) if still having issue then... close VDJ and delete the new settings.xml just created, and un-rename the original settings.xml.

worth a quick try..

PS
everything works as it should, here, with resetPitchOnLoad = NO.. using build 7651

Posté Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 3:19 pm
So a rename + fresh remake does resolve it, but going back to what I had causes it not to work. It would be a lot of work to narrow down what is causing the problem in the file amongst the large customization I've already done.

Among other things I've found in a diff of the orignal vs mine, the only applicable difference i saw is my file had this:

<resetPitchOnLoad modified="yes">no</resetPitchOnLoad>

While the default had this:

<resetPitchOnLoad>no</resetPitchOnLoad>

Removing the modified attribute didn't make a difference. Should I go to customer support with my settings.xml to save time?

Posté Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 4:11 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
So a rename + fresh remake does resolve it, but going back to what I had causes it not to work. It would be a lot of work to narrow down what is causing the problem in the file amongst the large customization I've already done.

Among other things I've found in a diff of the orignal vs mine, the only applicable difference i saw is my file had this:

<resetPitchOnLoad modified="yes">no</resetPitchOnLoad>

While the default had this:

<resetPitchOnLoad>no</resetPitchOnLoad>

Removing the modified attribute didn't make a difference. Should I go to customer support with my settings.xml to save time?

I doubt that will help.
I think they will just ask you to set your settings again (after you delete you settings.xml)

Posté Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 4:19 pm
Intereating...there must be aomething within the settings.xml that the parsing doesn't like.

Posté Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 5:21 pm
Awesome news.. you know what the issue is... (sort of) corruption or something in the settings.xml file.

and now, the not so awesome news, I don't know an easy way to get all your settings back, starting from the newly created default settings.xml

Someone may have better solutions.

The two that I can think of are:

1) Use your database backups that you have.. which contain backups of your settings.xml file and see as you go back in time, if you can find one that does not have the issue.
By substituting the backed-up settings.xml in your homefolder.

2) the safest way (but bit time consuming, and also maybe useful in the future)
Save screen shots of all of the Options.. it takes 17.

Then use the "newly created working default settings.xml" (by once again renaming the original) and go through the 17 screenshots to restore/"build back" the modifications one originally had.
(note: one could also just take screenshots of only those modified settings.. (a subset of all) to save some time, if you do not wish to have a complete photo archive of all the settings)

I have once needed to do 2).

PS
Maybe someone could address what causes at very rare times, the setting.xml not working perfectly.
And if there is anything that can be done.. to try to prevent such issues...
Like settings.xml care and handling guidelines.

To be honest.. it is very rare... just do not understand what could be the cause in those rare events.

Posté Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 11:08 pm
@deejay you are right, I just ended up doing the work of copying over the diff of my settings from my old file into a newly generated default file and that solved the problem.
I too am curious of what the corruption was in the file itself given everything else seemed to be in order.

Posté Wed 27 Sep 23 @ 1:24 am