Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet [solved][Automix] problem with VDJ
Beroj23PRO InfinityMember since 2022
Hello folks. I'm happy with VDJ so far. But unfortunately I still haven't solved my biggest problem. I have a Denon MC 6000 MK2 and American Audio VMS 5. I know that both devices have a hardware mixer mode, and that's a good thing.
Now to my problem: On both devices, the songs run wonderfully together in automix mode if you just let the songs play. But as soon as you do mix_now or skip_song, the current song just stops, so there is no smooth transition. And this only happens in Automix Dual Deck mode. It has to work somehow. Because when a song runs to the end in automix mode, everything works perfectly. It only occurs when I force a transition.
I ask you to help me with my problem. If this is resolved, I will be really happy with VDJ.

Posté Sat 14 Oct 23 @ 4:49 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
setting automixSkipLength ?

Posté Sat 14 Oct 23 @ 5:32 am
I finally did it!
It was just the audio settings!
I always used the default settings, but you just have to set the master output to channels 1&2, and the headphones to 3&4!
Now I'm completely happy with my setup!

Posté Sat 14 Oct 23 @ 6:40 am
Hello everyone. Unfortunately the problem reoccurs with my new controller Roland DJ707M. In the automix (dual deck) the song is simply cut at the thread, so there is no smooth transition. But it's definitely up to VDJ. If you set the automix mode to "Intelligent", everything works wonderfully. But in Intelligent mode, VDJ unfortunately sometimes pitches too far apart, even if I limit the pitch range to 6%. Maybe someone has a final tip for me?

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 9:06 am
Is there any particular reason you're using dual deck mode?

I suspect your issues are caused by trying to use dual deck mode with an external mixer setup.

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 9:33 am
In Dual Deck mode I simply have a better overview of what will be played next. Maybe it's just habit. I use the controller in software/internal mode. I'm afraid my problem won't be solved anytime soon.

groovindj wrote :
Is there any particular reason you're using dual deck mode?

I suspect your issues are caused by trying to use dual deck mode with an external mixer setup.

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 11:05 am
You can surely see what's playing next at the top of the automix list?

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 11:41 am