Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet [resolved] Tech Support
adamPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
Hi VDJ Team and wider community,

I have been a user for approximately 12 months, and I am reaching out regarding the persistent crashes I have been experiencing with VirtualDJ in the last two months. Despite providing detailed information, the customer support I have received from Jimmy has been unhelpful and barely professional.

After a complete wipe and reinstall of Windows, replacing hubs and cables, I approached supprot, and on his advice, disabled stems. The software continues to crash persistently. His accusations about issues with "shady" music files seem like red herrings, as he could not specify problem files, nor what to look for so they can be examined by myself/your team. The issue also occurs at different gigs with different set lists, and my other DJ and Audio software handles my library without crashes.

As DJs, we deal with a wide range of files - files are provided to us by performers or clients, files can potentially be written incorrectly from years of backups, drives can inevitably can have errors on them, personal edits or mixdowns may be saved incorrectly, the list goes on. VirtualDJ would no doubt have safeguards in place to prevent it from crapping itself for something as simple as an erroneous file. I've had to fall back to Rekordbox in the meantime, and whilst a pain in other ways, it handles the same set of files flawlessly and without crashes. I don't believe my library is the issue.

Jimmy's responses have lacked competent troubleshooting and focused too much on personal anecdotes and deflecting from the technical issues at hand. I feel my concerns are not being taken seriously.

As a professional DJ, reliable software is essential, as I'm sure you understand. I am requesting assistance from someone who can collaborate with me on troubleshooting in a mature, competent way. Stability is paramount with live performance software. Whatever has begun to cause these crashes in recent two months, I would appreciate working with someone who can work towards a solution that pre empts, pinpoints, and/or handles crashes, rather than taking shortcuts to avoid them. Id est, the stability of VirtualDJ.

I appreciate any support the community or VirtualDJ team can provide to resolve these crashes. Please let me know next steps or if I can provide any other information.

Thank you,
Adam

Posté Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 6:15 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There are some crashes logged to your account.
It does appear they are related to stems, but not completely sure what triggered them.
Do you have any prepared stems? If so, try to remove them, and if needed prepare them for these songs again.

Posté Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 10:25 am
ASIO latency max

Posté Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 11:11 am
@Adam, if you'd like someone here to help you, then you'll have to provide us with detailed information about your setup. You say you've given support the info, but we can't see that.

Mac or PC? What operating system?

Which version of VirtualDJ (including build number)?

What kind of crash is happening? What were you doing when it crashed?

If you're using a controller or external audio interface, which one? List the make and model.

If the peripheral equipment requires drivers, which drivers (version number) did you install?

What kind of files are you playing? Audio? Video? What format? Where are you playing them from? Internal drive? External drive? Streamed - from where?

Posté Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 1:08 pm
I'm sure he's already given that to support. His post is questioning the inadequacy of the response.

Posté Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 1:18 pm
@kradcliffe he did say this at the end:

Quote :

I appreciate any support the community or VirtualDJ team can provide to resolve these crashes. Please let me know next steps or if I can provide any other information.

This means he's also looking towards this forum to fix his problems, so he has to provide that information here too if he wants to receive help.

Posté Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 1:20 pm
adamPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
Hey Adion, massive thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I took your advice and cleared out all the stems from designated folder and made sure none of my tracks were linked to any stem files. Since doing that, I've had a couple of runs with VirtualDJ without a hiccup. This whole crashing saga was hitting me hard, especially since DJing is my bread and butter. Losing a couple of gigs over this was a nightmare. Your quick and straightforward instructions made all the difference. I really appreciate it. If it's all the same to you, I reckon this thread can be marked as resolved/archived/thread title updated etc. Many thanks.

Posté Tue 20 Feb 24 @ 11:03 pm